Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The notion that Ohio State can score 34 against Sparty is preposterous, but not nearly as doltish as thinking Ohio State can hold Sparty to 6.

Hopefully CRD has made a call to The Nick to send up some reinforcements. They might as play this at Verdun with the way they'll be carting Buckeyes off the field.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

The Wizard is wise.

Wiz: Hello
      hi
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        The notion that Ohio State can score 34 against Sparty is preposterous, but not nearly as doltish as thinking Ohio State can hold Sparty to 6.

Hopefully CRD has made a call to The Nick to send up some reinforcements. They might as play this at Verdun with the way they'll be carting Buckeyes off the field.
        sandbaggus dumbassus
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sparty is roughly 50 points better than UNL. And Ohio State only beat UNL by 41. Do the math, Einstein. You know what it is? I'll help -- 1+1=GFY.

Justin Fields is about to get baptized into the ways of Dantonio. Fuck me.

Comment

• It seems that Sparty's OL is a little banged up. That may be the lifeline Ohio State needs to stay in this.

Comment

Sparty is roughly 50 points better than UNL. And Ohio State only beat UNL by 41. Do the math, Einstein. You know what it is? I'll help -- 1+1=GFY.

Justin Fields is about to get baptized into the ways of Dantonio. Fuck me.
              Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said "If you label me, you negate me"?

Words hurt Talent. I'm hurt.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Its always banged up, this is going on 5 years where this is the case. Very annoying. I'm afraid Indiana exposed the way to attack the Spartan defense, they were claiming it was just a case of not being in the right coverages but we'll see.

Comment

• Sparty's run defense is completely legit and outstanding. I'm not sure where there pass defense is. The thing that would give me the most optimism for the season is if Ohio State runs the ball effectively. What's far more likely to happen is that Ohio State bangs their head into a brick wall 40 times, Justin Fields is meh and they end up in a Dantonio Rock Fight special.

Comment

• MSU staffer school 'manufactured' report to clear Mark Dantonio of wrongdoing in rape

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ng/3837463002/

Dantonio was warned before recruit's sexual assault arrest

Dantonio had players on his team that if you are a high recruit or you were a good player, he would allow those individuals to get away with things and so because of that Coach Dantonio had a way of making things disappear

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...aide-says.html

Comment

• 5cb54be6-ab47-45c6-885f-e36881825530-UST_KD1_0214.jpg?crop=3106,1747,x1,y0&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds.jpg

Comment

Sparty's run defense is completely legit and outstanding. I'm not sure where there pass defense is. The thing that would give me the most optimism for the season is if Ohio State runs the ball effectively. What's far more likely to happen is that Ohio State bangs their head into a brick wall 40 times, Justin Fields is meh and they end up in a Dantonio Rock Fight special.
                        I can handle seeing a rock fight. No shootouts please.

Comment

• As an osu hater, for no good reason other than it's in my blood, I'd like to see a rock fight with Sparty pulling it out after some bull shit call sets them up for the winng score. I think it's funny to see talent waiting for the shoe to drop on day, fields and the football team. A dream fantasy if that were to actually happen.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's only funny when that shoe is maize and blue, Jeff.

Comment

• Just finished reading the Weekly Narrative at mgo. It's a well done article with clever analogies taken from historical events that are humorous that introduce each of several of last week's games the author reviews.

What struck me was the unpredictability of CFB games, e.g. IU taking MSU to the wire in EL or Minnesota blasting Purdue, not that big of a deal, excepting the Gopher QB throwing for 457y and 5 TDs - a BT record.

Nothing is certain and any outcome in a previous game is no predictor of the next one. Its weird. Which gives rise to this question: what is it about a HC and his assistants that tends to limit the widely occurring variance in a CFB game?

I really don't know the answer. Sustaining success isn't a cake walk. I can identify teams that seem to do that but damn if their isn't a set of human characteristics that are consistent across the coaching staffs of those teams.

I did a search and did find an article written by a successful HS coach. There wasn't anything earth shattering in it. Standard stuff that successful people have that you read in any how to achieve success at (fill in the blank).

I'm at a loss in trying to figure out what Jim Harbaugh doesn't have that if he had it that would keep Michigan football from being victimized by variance way more often that it should.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• How many times has HARBAUGH!!!! legitimately been upset? I can think of the Iowa game off the top of my head. Maybe South Carolina. His win in 2015 at Minnesota was close, but that doesn't count.

I know that 2015 Utah, 2018 Notre Dame, 2018 Ohio State and maybe a few others were technically upsets, but were they? For that matter, 2019 Wisconsin was an upset. I dunno. It seems like HARBAUGH!!!!! generally wins the games he should and, if there's variance, it's actually that he occasionally blows the doors off of good teams (at home). He's still 41-16. And 14 of those 16 losses came to teams that won at least 10 games (Iowa and SoCar are the exceptions).

It's not like he's out there getting his doors blown off by Purdue or Iowa. Or, even more starkly, it's not like winning 91 of your last 100 and having the last two of those losses be assjackings by Iowa and Purdue.

Comment

Working...
                                X