Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's good reason to temper one's enthusiasm for Patterson and his receivers based on his performance, albeit a very good one, v. IU. From mgo's IU, UFR Offense ........

............no running back in the backfield and no run action, so when the level routes come across the middle that decision is blindingly obvious. Patterson was decisive in this game but the windows were so big that I'm cautious about extrapolating this game out into one against a much better defense.

.........i.e.,v. osu, the windows will not be as gigantic as they were v. IU

One persistent issue popped up again. That would be Patterson's season-long aversion to keeping the ball even when the run reads are almost certainly there. This went from a major issue to a minor one as Michigan shifted the bulk of Patterson's reads to RPOs....... (there were 18 of them v. IU and most of them were correctly read and executed..... again v. IU's defense).

M's offense has become an RPO offense and a good one. Whether or not this holds up v. osu is something we'll not know the answer to until well into the first half. I'm not optimistic. chase young will face Jalen Mayfield at RT. Mayfiled didn't play well v. IU and young's omnipresence in the backfield is going to cause problems for the RPO game.

Another issue is how IU demonstrated an exploitable M weakness v. run-blitzing CBs. M appeared to formation tip a run play without attempts to not make it obvious. Backside pursuit producing ankle tackles on Haskins and Charbonnet on what looked like well executed Harbaughesque run plays that might have been long TD runs were ended with them.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I really hate to say this but, Meyer is is a football genius with a lot to offer insight wise on FOX. Hope he stays an analyst for another year or so, love his show. SC might go after James Franklin .... Ok now im going to vomit.

Still looks wierd, and he's going to be on local tv tonight talking about the game. Crazy

EKjq6oNWoAAr63a?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg
      Last edited by WingsFan; November 29, 2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• "Hey Urban.. what is the name of that stadium behind you?"

Betcha a million dollars he'd say "the big house".
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ohio State is a 14 point favorite against anyone they play from here on out. Day has guided the juggernaut well this year.

Comment

• Comment

• Keith Jackson

Comment

• Wings fan you are the man

Comment

• Well not really, but that is the coolest name of any Stadium. Death Valley is cool too (LSU)

Comment

• I thought Clemson's stadium was known as "Death Valley"?

Anyway ..

OSU will not lose the rest of the way. They're going to get a rematch in Indy against Wisky, and easily win that one.

They will beat anyone that the SEC throws at them. LSU, Bama, Jawja, ... pfft. No chance.

And Clemson? ... LOL!

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Clemson is too, that why I said LSU. Its way more intimating, especially at night.

Comment

• Congrats on another osu beat down of a Michigan football team. Can't say I wasn't prepared for the outcome. I said M had to stop dobbins from running in between the tackles to win this game. They didn't, they predictably lost. osu made plays when they needed to, M made mental mistakes. The score is going to be like that when one team who's good but not great makes mistakes against a great team that doesn't.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, I think you were underselling Dobbins and the interior a little bit. I thought Brown would sell out to stop that stuff and force Fields to beat him. I also thought M was much improved on the interior. A little surprised Dobbins had such a big game and really surprised Fields did beat them.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• In the pregame Meyer said they have a coach review UM film every day of the year. No one is more prepared than OSU is against UM. Shows the depth of their coaching determination and development. Far superior than UM's. It's not just recruiting. Texas has top 5 recruiting years the last 5 last years and they are nowhere near the class of Ohio.

Comment

• My favorite clip of UFM from yesterday was something like "It's not a big game, it's not a big week. It's a way of life."

Every OSU fan, certainly of my age or older, understands and loves that. We all get the same pit on our stomach for the whole week. We all have a hard time sleeping on Friday. We all are excessively cautious in watching the game -- I told my brother at 42-16...."I'm feeling good, but we need to get to 49 before I'll feel great." I can't imagine NOT feeling that way. Even after 5 in a row and 7 in a row and 14 out of 15.

Right now, Ohio State outrecruits M all day. My guess is they probably outprepare M over the course of 365 days. I'm not sure about coaching, but I think it's a draw at worst, for OSU. That's a recipe to get beat. A lot.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X