Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't express how much I hate "targeting" -- whatever the fuck that is. That will cost Ohio State the game. They should be good enough to bounce back, but they aren't. So, that's on them. But that was the call of the entire fucking game. Clemson is going to blow their fucking doors off in the 2nd half.

Of course, if Dobbins just catches the ball -- twice -- it's 24 instead of 16. That's the REAL killer. Fuck CFB. That's what I say.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Targeting?

Seemed to change the complexion of the game.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Simo post .....I thought that targeting call was a BS call for several reasons.

..... and yeah, dobbins.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• The definition of targeting needs to be more clearly defined. In football, due to the nature of the game, there's going to be helmet-to-helmet contact. Its why you wear a helmet to begin with.

The intent of the targeting rule is to not allow players to use their helmet as a weapon, or to inflict punishment. In a situation like this instance, where both players lowered their heads, and the defender could not react in time, it should be waved off. The word "targeting" by its definition means that there was deliberate aiming at a particular spot, in this case, the head area. I don't think this happened on that play.

But, I guess that's why I'm about 1,500 miles away from the game, not wearing stripes, and sitting in my recliner, watching on TV.

And ... I see that the "Mattison effect" is taking place on the OSU defensive line. The DL was nowhere to be found, as a QB who runs about a 30 minute 40, ran right by them for a TD. Shoot, even John O'Korn would have scored on that run.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• osu's problem on defense is Lawrence. Of Clemson's 213 yards of offense, TL has accounted for 186, 90 of it rushing and about half of that is on broken plays. To TL's credit he made a couple of key 3rd down passing conversions when Mattison rushed 3 (4?) and dropped 8(7?) into zone. osu had great success with man and pressure fronts. I was also surprised at some of day's 1st down calls in the 2nd quarter looking like he was trying to protect the thin lead he had. fields hasn't been great either. He was better when day was letting him sling it.

Comment

• This one will take a long time to get over. Wow.

Comment

• Heart goes out to the SEC cuz if this crew is representative of officiating in that league, they are fucking atrocious

Comment

• Shouldn't have punted.

Comment

• LOL. Fuck ohio..

Comment

• Tough loss, damn I thought for sure Fields was going to pull it out.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Chase Young was getting his helmet ripped off on the targeting call, too. Fuck the SEC.

Comment

• I'm surprised at how many yards Lawrence got running the ball. He broke contain way more than I thought he would.

Biggest problem for OSU was not scoring TD's when entering the red zone. We've been there too. I told my son that those FG's instead of TD's was going to bite them in the butt, and sure enough.

It doesn't really matter. The one sure thing about this game was that you had two 13-0 teams, and one of them was going to lose tonight. The winner is going to lose to LSU.

LSU is white-hot right now. Neither of these teams would have beaten them. But, it would have been interesting to see Burrow vs OSU.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Great game. I dislike Clemson, and my loathing of Ohio State is absolute and eternal, but nonetheless, that was a terrific college football game. I thought the overturn on the fumble recovery for a TD was worse than the targeting call, but as someone who deems all calls against Ohio State to be manifestly correct, I couldn't get that worked up about the officiating.

Comment

Working...
                                X