Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree with linesman-- I thought Ohio State-Clemson was going to end up being the national title game, and I still think that. I've just seen Oklahoma's defense get slaughtered too many times in championship circumstances to be completely convinced by what LSU did today (though, to be fair, it was pretty darn amazing). Clemson-LSU ought to be
    an awfully good game, at the very least.

Comment

• That's fair.

But I just think LSU has too many guys who can tough their way to a win. They put 22 guys out there that can play smash mouth football better than any team I've seen in a while. Even when they substitute they play the same. Burrow can make all the throws, and oh, by the way, they have a doggone good running game.

I suppose Clemson could surprise. They surprised me a bit tonight. This was the first real competition they've played all season long tonight, but they responded well.

I still think LSU v Clemson is going to be entertaining.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Clemson got some lucky calls that's for sure. The targeting and how about that fumble that would have been a Ohio State touchdown that they called incomplete? Gut wrencher tonight for osu

Comment

• The targeting and how about that fumble that would have been a Ohio State touchdown that they called incomplete
          Yeah, I hated to see that pass/catch/fumble overturned. The LJ was right next to the play, and he dropped his bean bag, and held off his whistle. He had a better view than anyone, and IMO, he made the correct call. Even with my limited knowledge of the game, I felt it was a scoop/score.

On the targeting, I think they got it right as the rule stands today, but I believe "targeting" needs to be defined a little better.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Last edited by WingsFan; December 29, 2019, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• osu gets fucked by the refs? Oh the injustice......oh the shedenfreude.

Not sure how I really feel about this game, no, wait. Yes I do.......

Fuck osu.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Buckeyes were the better team, the better team doesn't always win the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    That's totally an incomplete pass.

Great call ref
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Clemson was just the better team. Props
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Buckeyes were the better team, the better team doesn't always win the game.
                        Yep. Gotta control what you can control. They should have beenup 24-0. Day called two great plays that should have been TDs, but they didn't execute. Then, they have up a 3rd and 10 followed by a 66 yard TD run by Lawrence. Then they "roughed" the punter to give Clemson new life. Then they probably played a little too conservative. Then they miscommunicated at the end.

A litany of mistakes that gave Clemson a chance. Not even getting to the fact that they lost a first round NFL draft pick to targeting or that targeting basically gave them a TD or that replay did, in fact, take away a TD.

There's just so much to point to. This one won't be easy to get over. Probably as bad I've felt after a loss since at least the 2013 CCG and you probably have to go back to 2009 USC or the Florida debacle.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          Well I had it OSU 34 Wisky 20...so I was hella close...

Now on to the FF...

Clemson 34 OSU 24
                          LSU 45 OU 17

LSU 38 Clemson 31

Book 'em Dano...
                          Damn I'm good.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Yeah, I hated to see that pass/catch/fumble overturned. The LJ was right next to the play, and he dropped his bean bag, and held off his whistle. He had a better view than anyone, and IMO, he made the correct call. Even with my limited knowledge of the game, I felt it was a scoop/score.

On the targeting, I think they got it right as the rule stands today, but I believe "targeting" needs to be defined a little better.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• osu the better team? Nope. Litany of execution errors by osu amplified by bad officiating. But the execution errors stand out. talent, you know this. I know this when M faces osu and loses. Can't make that many mistakes and win v. quality oppo. To me, big time, unwarranted whine from osu fandom. You've been fair and balanced, as usual, so, that's good. But I can't help but get some vicarious satisfaction in this painful loss and the whining from osu and its fan base.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 29, 2019, 05:12 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Not on here, but I've noticed OSU fans can be nasty when things don't go their way, which they usually do.

Comment

Working...
                                X