Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a pipe dream. I'd love it. Losing Ohio State would cripple B10 football. I'd love to see those asshats react to that. But, it won't happen.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nebraska would be a good fit for CUSA. Maybe middle of the pack there.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Optimistic, but reasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Optimistic, but reasonable.
          Exactly. Sure, UAB and Marshall would bludgeon them, but they would hold their own with Middle Tennessee and Rice.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I really really really hate you fuckers...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In the scenario that Ohio State is 5-0 and left out of the B10 championship game... Ohio State should just say f*** the B10 and call Cincinnati.

Ohio State vs Cincinnati on Dec 19th! Do it.

How the B10 has handled COVID is very flawed. We all knew that. I also predicted that the B10 would amend or bend rules if Ohio State gets in trouble with COVID. We’ll see if this happens soon!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Not gonna happen. The B1G was set on making this an impossible situation so they could give a big fuck you to the squeaky wheel schools who bitched and moaned and in their eyes showed up the B1G office in the process (OSU, UNL, PSU). They made a horrible early decision then saw other conferences pulling it off and knew they were going to look like fools...then set up a doomed to fail situation so they could come out looking like smarty pants.

End of story.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  I really really really hate you fuckers...
                  It only hurts because it’s true.

Comment

• It was a "season" that was not designed to succeed. It was designed to fail.

Big Ten honchos wanted to go to a spring football season, and they thought the fans would like the idea and give them a pass.

Fans went totally opposite. They wanted football in FOOTBALL season, and pressured the Big Ten to play. Big Ten honchos looked around and saw the SEC and ACC playing, grabbing all that TV revenue and exposure, and felt the pressure from the fans to play. They didn't WANT to play but decided to create a "season" with a "we'll show them they're wrong" format to it. Now, here we are. Right on the edge of the season being cancelled.

I don't think any school is going to leave the B1G over this. OSU and UNL can't get a better deal anywhere else when it comes to TV and bowl revenue. The Big XII can't match it, and the SEC won't take two teams that far out of their footprint. To make better money than they get now, they'd have to go independent, and get a sweetheart deal from a network like Notre Dame has. I just don't see that happening. Besides, if anyone should be considering leaving the conference, its Michigan. They can't compete anymore.

I'm thinking by next week at this time the conversation will be all about ending the season.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The SEC would absolutely take OSU and UNL. The increased TV money would more than make up for a 30 minute longer flight. Hell, we took Missouri. Those two would be no brainers.

Comment

• The SEC would be deliriously happy with Ohio State. The ACC, too.

But, it ain't happening.

Comment

• Look, I'm fine with any team that wants to leave the Big Ten. Greener pastures elsewhere? Fine. Go, and enjoy. I'd actually like to see Michigan go independent like Notre Dame. I think the Michigan brand would do very well on a national level. But, that's just me.

I just don't think its realistic for anyone to leave right now. ESPN is in huge financial trouble right now because of all the money they've paid for television rights. They're shutting down operations, and laying off people left and right because of massive TV contracts. Maybe Fox is in a better position to create a super conference with TV rights. But even Fox isn't rolling in dough these days.

UNL and OSU aren't going to leave the conference unless the place they land gives them a better deal than what they have now. That's just a fact. They're not going to take less.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Maryland and Indiana are battling it out for the Big Ten East crown. Hoosier up!!

Comment

• Indiana is going to lose to Wisconsin (unless they manage to Covid that game) and finish 6-2 or something. Ohio State will watch them play nFw in the B10CG.

Comment

• I still think things will shake out for OSU to be in the playoffs. They're not going to lose any of their remaining games. All they have to do is field a team, and they win.

Comment

Working...
                                X