Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was def one of the more satisfying wins in a long time.

Comment

• Really was. That said, even in recent memory it's still not as glorious as the 2018 woodshedding of DON BROWN!!!!! and HARBAUGH!!!!!

That one...man....the whole "Revenge Tour" shit....being an underdog AT HOME....that one was about as fucking satisfying as it will ever get.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• lol...Revenge Tour...

Comment

• Auburn was decent at one time. Firing a somewhat successful coach, having a good number of opt outs for the NFL, some xfers due to Malzahn being fired, and Bo Nix getting hurt in the game sunk that team. And it’s all delicious.

Game 13 will be ugly for Bama, though. And even if JF’s ribs are cracked, they’ll bind them, put an extra padded flak jacket on him, and let him play (see: McElroy, Greg in the 2009 Championship games vs Florida and Texas).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• In all seriousness, this is probably the one matchup that ESPN has been dreaming of. Ohio State-Alabama. It has every damn thing you could want. The two most passionate fanbases (CFB TV ratings -- top 4 markets (in no order) -- Birmingham, Cleveland, Columbs, Dayton). The two, heh, FLAGSHIPS, of the two FLAGSHIP CFB conferences. Midwest vs. Southeast. North vs. South. Buckeye leaves vs. numbers. Really hard to do much better than that.

Ohio State has a shot if they can control Najee, avoid giving up too many huge plays and, of course, if Fields is healthy. Surtain will negate Olave, so it'll be on Wilson and others to create separation. And hopefully OSU's OL can get push. Sermon has been a revelation. CRD took about a quarter and a half too long to get him the damn ball against nFw, but OSU finally has a running game that is functional.

I would still back UAT because I just don't think Fields is going to be all the way there. There is, for example, zero way he's running the ball in that game and that's a huge factor. Even if he can throw, the loss of his legs hurts.

And, hell, Waddle may be back. So, I think The Nick exacts his revenge. I think Ohio State can hang around and keep interesting, but in the end...dammit all to hell.

Comment

• I don't really care who wins this upcoming game, I'm super psyched that Dabo got his phony ass kicked. The best part about when OSU wins is that talent has to say to himself, "Dammit that froot was correct."

Now just bring Urban to Allen Park!

Comment

• We just don’t have a competent defense. We have essentially become Oklahoma.

After this year my hope is that we fire Pete Golding. But we won’t.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The best part about when OSU wins is that talent has to say to himself, "Dammit that froot was correct."
                  I can easily run a bit into the ground, through the mantle all the way to the Earth's core until every last human on the planet is aggravated as shit and wants to kill me. In fact, it's my strength.

I try to re-listen to Brian call CRD "a desperation hire" at least once a year to remind me of exactly how clueless he is about Ohio State.

Comment

• I like to reread the nonsense he spouted about Dantonio after the Little Brother game.

Comment

• Comment

• You guys are the only fan base in any sport, at any level, that can take one of the finest victories in your school's history, and make it about a former rival.

I'm serious.

Your team is in the midst of the most successful run of its entire history, and somehow a playoff win over Clemson becomes about Michigan.

Why?

Well, scratch that. I know why. I guess the "why" is more rhetorical than anything.

I'm surprised that your team's success has to somehow be gauged against what Michigan has done, or is doing. It has nothing to do with it of course, but somehow you guys seem to relate everything your team does, .. with what Michigan is doing.

To me, it would seem like you guys would be putting Michigan, and what is happening in Ann Arbor, in your rear view mirror, and watch it disappear slowly from view. Seems like your program would have bigger fish to fry.

Michigan is no threat to you, at all. They are not a future threat. They are a formerly competitive program that has not yet reached the inevitable bottom of the barrel yet. They are falling, and will continue to fall, because that is what the school leadership has accepted. They've surrendered. There is no more "rivalry". There is no more "the game". Its over.

Even season ticket fans would rather sell their tickets to red-clad OSU fans, than sit in a cold stadium and watch this group lose. I can already see the aerial shots of Michigan Stadium in November as "the big house" becomes a big red O.

If the tables were turned today, I wouldn't even be thinking of Flavor Town, or any college that has its campus there. Seems like a waste of time for you guys to even be thinking of "that team up north" today.

But, if you must ...
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I had one comment noting that the 2018 win over HARBAUGH!!!! was more satisfying than last night. I stand by that.

Comment

• I "liked" your comment, because that's fine. You should take pride in your team's accomplishments.

Which is the point I made in my post.

Your win over Clemson last night should be a banner victory for your program. It has absolutely nothing to do with Michigan.

Nothing.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Lineygoblue is bitterly disappointed

Comment

• Yep. And that’s a F.A.C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X