Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Price had no “years”. Not even one.
    LAIR!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have won as many games as the head football coach at the University of Alabama as Price. I have signed as many contracts to coach football at Alabama as Price.

The funny thing is, Price was somewhat competent; Shula wasn’t. Had Price actually coached at Bama, he would have lasted 6 or 7 years or more and we would’ve missed on Saban.

Sometimes things work out.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No one is disputing that The Nick is an appropriate topic for any thread on any forum on any planet in any universe. In fact, The Nick should be a required topic on all such threads.

However, the Reign of Price at UAT surely is an esoteric bit of nonsense best saved for the hoodlums on the SEC thread.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I have won as many games as the head football coach at the University of Alabama as Price. I have signed as many contracts to coach football at Alabama as Price.

The funny thing is, Price was somewhat competent; Shula wasn’t. Had Price actually coached at Bama, he would have lasted 6 or 7 years or more and we would’ve missed on Saban.

Sometimes things work out.
          fuckin' Price
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Talent,

How bad y’all gonna beat the Goophers tonight. I think you cover easily. Thoughts?
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Harry Miller is out. Backup Center is in. Don't like it, don't like it one bit.

I dunno. I hate to say this, but I'm really, really bullish on CJ Stroud. And if he's good, then they're gonna score a fuckton. Their WRs are outstanding. Their OL should be outstanding. Their RBs? Eh, good enough (until Trey Henderson finally breaks starting lineup, then...yessir!). If Stroud can play then they'll score all day.

Defense -- they're gonna be really good up front, really thin at LB (the NCAA still hasn't approved Gaoteote's transfer) and the secondary will be meh. So, Minnesota will score. Tanner Morgan isn't a fairly credible threat and they have a run game that is good enough to be a real threat.

If I'm right about Stroud, then this thing is something like 52-27. If I'm wrong about Stroud, it's something like 34-31.

This is/was the season I've been saying is the one where ya gotta get CRD. It's where the worst recruiting class they've had in 10 years will really be felt and it's completely new QB. They have some holes. But, the cavalry is coming in the form of high-end players. Just not sure it'll be here in time.

Don't get me wrong -- they're still favorites to win the B10. But, this is the most vulernable they'll be for awhile (IMO).
              Last edited by iam416; September 2, 2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• sandbaggus dipshiterius
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fear the ghost of Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Chris Olave scoring a big ~50 yard TD tonight is the most obvious of obvious.

Buckeyes will probably easily win, but I will gladly have the game on as background noice. Precursor game for one of the 4 Playoff teams this season.

If HARBAUGH can win big opening week at Minnesota, surely the Buckeyes can too.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• OSU : 55
                      Minn: 16

If Day pulls the starters in the 3rd.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Harry Miller is out. Backup Center is in. Don't like it, don't like it one bit.

I dunno. I hate to say this, but I'm really, really bullish on CJ Stroud. And if he's good, then they're gonna score a fuckton. Their WRs are outstanding. Their OL should be outstanding. Their RBs? Eh, good enough (until Trey Henderson finally breaks starting lineup, then...yessir!). If Stroud can play then they'll score all day.

Defense -- they're gonna be really good up front, really thin at LB (the NCAA still hasn't approved Gaoteote's transfer) and the secondary will be meh. So, Minnesota will score. Tanner Morgan isn't a fairly credible threat and they have a run game that is good enough to be a real threat.

If I'm right about Stroud, then this thing is something like 52-27. If I'm wrong about Stroud, it's something like 34-31.

This is/was the season I've been saying is the one where ya gotta get CRD. It's where the worst recruiting class they've had in 10 years will really be felt and it's completely new QB. They have some holes. But, the cavalry is coming in the form of high-end players. Just not sure it'll be here in time.

Don't get me wrong -- they're still favorites to win the B10. But, this is the most vulernable they'll be for awhile (IMO).
                        You’re favored by 14. I’ll take OSU -17.5, you have Minny +17.5. Loser has to stop posting about Covid for a month. The winner stops posting about Covid for two months. Bet?

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

You’re favored by 14. I’ll take OSU -17.5, you have Minny +17.5. Loser has to stop posting about Covid for a month. The winner stops posting about Covid for two months. Bet?
                            Eh, stakes seem right. I’m not exactly sandbagging OSU. I really like Stroud.

Comment

• Stroud has been the worst player on the field in the first half. He looks nervous.

Comment

• Can I still get in on Minnesota +17.5?

Comment

Working...
                                X