Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They lose two first round WRs and 1 or 2 OL. They’ll also lose a DL or two. I’ve said it since August that this was the year the 2018 and 2019 recruiting created some holes. And it has. But, first and foremost, they need get the defensive staff squared away. I’m willing to accept a shitty transition season, but I’m not willing to accept shitty coaching and preparation.

Next year they open at home vs Norte Dame, have two easier games, then MSU and PSU back-to-back on the road. It’s insane. And they aren’t at least moderately competitive on defense they’ll be 3-2.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They will reload, win 11 games, and Talent will sandbag the enire year.

Next question?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        They lose two first round WRs and 1 or 2 OL. They’ll also lose a DL or two. I’ve said it since August that this was the year the 2018 and 2019 recruiting created some holes. And it has. But, first and foremost, they need get the defensive staff squared away. I’m willing to accept a shitty transition season, but I’m not willing to accept shitty coaching and preparation.

Next year they open at home vs Norte Dame, have two easier games, then MSU and PSU back-to-back on the road. It’s insane. And they aren’t at least moderately competitive on defense they’ll be 3-2.

Only 2 WRs?

Comment

• Yeah, Olave and Wilson. Ruckert, I guess, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            They will reload, win 11 games, and Talent will sandbag the enire year.

Next question?
            Why do you participate on a message board and tell everyone to shaddup? Kind of goes against the concept.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Yeah, Olave and Wilson. Ruckert, I guess, too.
              What about Smith-Njigba?

Comment

• He’s a true soph. They’ll be really good at WR for the foreseeable future. The bigger issue is getting young pups to the next level on the DL and finding a fucking LB

Comment

• It’s amazing how well Covid ended up working out for M. They avoided a truly disastrous season, which was coming. And with free year of eligibility they’ll have like a bunch of 7th year seniors. Heh

Comment

• In the long run, I don't think that you're going to see many guys use that free year. Or at least they won't use it if they're good. Maybe we'll get an extra year out of a guy like Vincent Gray or Julius Welschof or someone else of that caliber. Between the portal and early departures eligibility hardly matters anymore.

Comment

• I don't think that many players of real significance will utilize their covid year. Hutch and Ojabo could both come back, but they'd be out of their minds to do so. They're about to make millions in the NFL. So is about half of that OL along with Haskins, .. who could all come back under Covid rules too.

The only good thing about the shortened 2020 season is that it didn't allow CRD to 'lay 100" (his quote) on Michigan. Had Michigan sent a team, they would have had to put the women's volleyball team in uniform just to have enough to field a team. But CRD would have got his 100, by golly ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I hope that Ojabo stays. We really need him. We've got no playmakers in that front 7 beyond him and Hutch.

I hope that we get one more year with most of the OL intact too. It could be a very potent offense if everyone sticks around.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• M was going to be bad last year, covid or not. They were spared something like 4-8. They were really bad.

Comment

• For the old timers here. Found this as I was consolidating computer backups this mornng. Paul S in 2001 when he came up and caught a game with us.

Paul was a chrome dome before it became a "typical" non-hair style. He did volunteer work at a children's cancer center and shaved his head to fit in with the kids.

PaulS.jpg
                            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Was that the game where M played Miami OH and Ben Rothlisberger was their QB? I know Paul came to that game, because he couldn't stop talking about how good Rothlisberger was.

I still have him on my Facebook friends list. Haven't spoken to him in a bit though. He's a grandpa now... I think about 3 grandkids?
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think that was the game. He rode up with a former osu running back that was associated with the program in some manner. Can't remember which one though. If you reach out to him, tell him I said hello.
                                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Working...
                                X