Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still want to win the lottery. What CRD wants has zero to do with what HARBAUGH!!! will actually do to him.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• CRD needs to focus more on what Kyle Whittingham wants to do to him, rather than anything about Harbaugh.

Harbaugh has his own kettle of fish to deal with.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Now you're just being silly.

Anyone familiar with M football history knows there are plenty of losable games in 2022.

And CRD still wants to lay that 100 on TTUN. He hasn't forgotten that promise.
        Good luck with that, Coach SharpieBeard- even if you're not coaching the Bears, or an NFL-caliber team other than ohio.

The impressive takeaway from 42-27 is that Michigan FINALLY analyzed, in detail, how ohio works, found vulnerabilities and exploited them. That's damn good Engineering. Don't believe bullshit excuses from ohio- they brought their best forward and still got whacked.

For Michigan, this should represent a change in how they approach ALL games. Prior to Thanksgiving weekend, there's nobody on that schedule where the expectation should be anything other than a win.

Comment

• Prior to Thanksgiving weekend, there's nobody on that schedule where the expectation should be anything other than a win.
          I agree with this. When M was up on Iowa 28-3 in the CCG I texted Sean and said, "time for a cocktail" and added, "why am I still worried M might lose?" Unlike decades of my experience with M football where a loss was unusual and this thought rarely crept into your consciousness, more than a decade of shitty on-field performances and some awful seasons destroyed that level of confidence in M's capacity to assuredly not lose games.

Besides what were identifiable objective improvements in the program that showed up, for the most part, in impressive on-field performances, my sense is that the most important improvements came from a massive shift in coach and player attitude - you can call it team culture - that I'd characterize as a will to succeed. I think looking back it was leadership, a commitment to hard work and that will to succeed that has been absent from the program for a decade and appears to have been restored.

Having said that, doubt creeps back in as it is known to do among the M faithful and the question of whether this is sustainable and does it have sufficient roots in the the current roster to sustain it? I'm not in the club house within Schembechler Hall. Therefore there's no way to really know what the temperature of the water is with respect to this question. There are signs that it is but leadership and will are ephemeral, easily lost and hard to restore. Certainly, the talent necessary to win is on this team. Properly lead and motivated this team can succeed in a way where the will and the leadership to win was, in the past, missing.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• What stood out to me, in both the osu and Iowa games, was that UM never took their foot off the gas. How many times, in God knows how many years, has UM gone into playing 'not to lose' mode in the 4th quarter? The Victory Prevent Defense. You know, need 1 or 2 first downs to ice the game....so they see 9 men in the box and then run it up the gut for 4 yards total and punt. Then have the D hang back 15 yards from the LOS leading to the opponent's game winning drive.

It was gas on for 60 minutes on both sides of the ball. What a concept. I hope it becomes ingrained and that is on the coaches.
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• It was so depressing watching 2 great punt returns, Des and Wood over and over and knowing how long ago it was. They have been great moments , but on a loop for so many years. And the F' ing pick and comments of JT was short!!

It's so great seen fresh Hutch destroy osu, and HH ripping them to shreds, the Hall catch vs psu...ect. Harbaugh getting the Gatorade bath, like a boss I might add, holding up the B10 trophy. Whatever happeneds in the playoffs and I think Michigan might do well, even if not - you cant take that osu game away...EVER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                What stood out to me, in both the osu and Iowa games, was that UM never took their foot off the gas. How many times, in God knows how many years, has UM gone into playing 'not to lose' mode in the 4th quarter? The Victory Prevent Defense. You know, need 1 or 2 first downs to ice the game....so they see 9 men in the box and then run it up the gut for 4 yards total and punt. Then have the D hang back 15 yards from the LOS leading to the opponent's game winning drive.

It was gas on for 60 minutes on both sides of the ball. What a concept. I hope it becomes ingrained and that is on the coaches.
                This is right on point. For once this season our coaches kept pouring it on rather than going into turtle mode. Let’s hope it continues. Sure, use the running game to grind some clock. But if the are stacking the box, make em pay.

Comment

• Can the flu cause a player to get leaped over by HH?

FG5nCo9XMAg91bj?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Maybe Omicron...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So... Just got home, no games today, Hawaii scared and obviously ducking Memphis (the night before the game). So... Put on Michigan game again--- CRUSHING osu - never gets old... First play from osu offense was a miss snap from the center to qb because of how loud it was. . Can the flu can cause osu to not hear the snap count?

Comment

• Damn, we should have went up 14-0. But that flu caused the osu db Shaw to intercept that pass at the one yard line.

Comment

• Holy hell has Ohio State, and I guess me, done a number on you.

Comment

• Yes... I was really in a dark place after jtwasshort ( if you remember) . I seriously didn't think I would see this again in my lifetime. Many have said it was the best post game celebration in sports ever, I have to agree. Might be better than 08 Red Wings Cup victory? Close call...

Comment

• Well, carry on.

Comment

• No problem

Comment

Working...
                                X