Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparty's Christmas wish

FHYLXQzWQB8UGCr?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
    Last edited by WingsFan; December 24, 2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• I guess Ill end it (today) with this one

FHQKstTWQAcVEfp?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• I hadn't seen that one of Hutch blowing by. But he didn't deserve to be at the Heisman ceremony ... nah ...

and that last one looks like James Franklin bought a osu teddy bear and decided to take in the game. Very strange.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• B6965152-83FC-49F4-8BF2-A812CB3674BC.jpeg

Comment

• Not that you guys really care about the Rose Bowl this year, but the two best Ohio State receivers (Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson) are foregoing the game to prepare for the NFL draft. I was criticizing them for it on a Columbus based site, and I am getting butchered for it by other Buckeye fans. My argument was that the last thing they'll be remembered for was losing to Michigan in their last game as Buckeyes. I get their right to do what they feel is in their best interest, but I think it's sad they consider the Rose Bowl to be a meaningless game. Am I wrong?

Comment

• Am I wrong?
              Yes. Both are first rounders with first round money coming their way. If they play, an injury lurks risking the security they gain for themselves and their family. The immediate NFL payoff is diminished if not eliminated and a longer term income flow potentially disappears if the injury is serious enough.

I can especially sympathize with the choice in light of the loss to M. osu has a tradition of championships and the 2021 season marred it. If your team isn't playing for championships, especially for osu, why play for a national also ran outcome?
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, I have no problem with it. I think the bigger point, as has been raised elsewhere, is that it's generally sad that the Rose Bowl isn't what it used to be (if it's not hosting a CFP game). I also think that player freedom via both the portal and NIL (or, even direct compensation) is probably the right thing to do, but it's completely changing a game that was already barely recognizable from when I grew up watching it.

So, yeah, I think it's right that players now have way more power to think and do for themselves (as opposed to zero power), but the nolstalgia in me very much misses yesteryear.

As for the game, Utah is going to blast Ohio State.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This is one of those 50/50 issues for me. I understand wanting to protect against career ending injuries, but I think players owe something to the players who will be playing in their bowl game as well. Injuries can happen anytime, including prep work for the NFL combines. Michigan has lost players for the season while working out in the weight room. They lost a top QB while he was playing a pickup basketball game with friends. Short of wrapping top prospects up in bubble wrap and forbidding them to do anything at all, injuries can happen in he most routine situations.

But again, I understand why top prospects don't want to take the chance and its hard to criticize them.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The rapidly diminishing quality of the non-playoff bowls is the best argument for expanding the playoff, IMO. There isn't actually more than 4 teams that are good enough to be national champions but if it means we don't have Heisman finalists opting out of their bowl game, I'd like to see it go to 8 or 12 teams. The Peach Bowl this year actually had some juice but once Walker and Pickett opted out, it might as well be the Bahamas Bowl. Non-playoff bowls, even the NY6 games, are being treated like glorified spring ball now. It sucks. I understand why but it still sucks. The answer is to add more playoff games just for the sake of having more meaningful games with fewer opt-outs.

Comment

• Pussies
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        The rapidly diminishing quality of the non-playoff bowls is the best argument for expanding the playoff, IMO. There isn't actually more than 4 teams that are good enough to be national champions but if it means we don't have Heisman finalists opting out of their bowl game, I'd like to see it go to 8 or 12 teams. The Peach Bowl this year actually had some juice but once Walker and Pickett opted out, it might as well be the Bahamas Bowl. Non-playoff bowls, even the NY6 games, are being treated like glorified spring ball now. It sucks. I understand why but it still sucks. The answer is to add more playoff games just for the sake of having more meaningful games with fewer opt-outs.
                        I agree, although the minor bowls, the bowls that most of the country doesn't give a shit about, are still a big deal to the teams that go to them.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Yeah, I have no problem with it. I think the bigger point, as has been raised elsewhere, is that it's generally sad that the Rose Bowl isn't what it used to be (if it's not hosting a CFP game). I also think that player freedom via both the portal and NIL (or, even direct compensation) is probably the right thing to do, but it's completely changing a game that was already barely recognizable from when I grew up watching it.

So, yeah, I think it's right that players now have way more power to think and do for themselves (as opposed to zero power), but the nolstalgia in me very much misses yesteryear.

As for the game, Utah is going to blast Ohio State.
                          The question is can the players help themselves by playing in the Rose Bowl or any Bowl for that matter. I guess the OSU players feel it wont make a difference.

I happen to believe those guys could help themselves by having great games. I don't know if a guy like Walker would get graded any better having a 200 yard game in his Bowl game. He's still no better than a 4th rounder at best. Anyway, it's a red hot issue now and deserves many directed viewpoints.

Comment

• Remarkably bad team.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• First team to 50 wins!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Great comeback. CONGRATS!
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X