Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroud is good. JSN is really good. The young WRs are good. The rest of the team can go itself.

But, thanks, Jeff.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      Great comeback. CONGRATS!
      Thanks, dude. This one was pretty satisfying after the 1st quarter.

Comment

• They basically ran out all their young pups. That's pretty much next year's team. So, you know, they'll score. And they'll give up points out the ass. My hope is that the new DC...well, any DC...is better than the unmitigated disaster of incompetence they ran out there this year. It has to be.

It'd be nice to feel like 42 puts you in a good spot to win instead of hoping you score 50.

Comment

• The defense is atrocious. But that second half gave me some hope. I was very pessimistic going into the game so I dunno, this win made me happier than most.

Comment

• The back-to-back years of losing Jordan Battle and Clark Phillips on last-second flips hurts -- as does the last second flip this of the CB to Texas. Just a bummer. One area where they really haven't killed recruiting.

They're a really young team. The 2018 class turned out to be really not great. And it showed up this season. CRD's first 3 real classes are stacked. The roster is generally great with a few holes. But any competent fucking DC ought to be able to field a competent defense.

Comment

• Play beyond your talent level ...... it works. Well, except for in the CFP. Stars required to compete.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• If they play beyond their talent level they’ll win the CFP.

Comment

• Great Rose Bowl win, an instant classic. Most important thing is flags fly forever.

Comment

• Well, you don't have to worry about their passing game.. their offense will be as good as any next season and receivers will probably put 3 more in the first round.

Comment

• Heh. The passing game is the one thing that is and never will be an issue. The erratic running game and embarrasingly awful defense are the issues -- mostly the latter.

They'll only have 1 first round pick next year, I think. JSN is the only one who is eligible for the draft and a surefire first rounder. Harrison and Egbuka will very likely be first rounders -- but after 2023.

They're still "not tough" headed up by a coach who was born on third base and is intent on playing basketball on grass. HARBAUGH!!!! is going to rail the living shit out of CRD and Ohio State in 2022.

Comment

• Utah also had some real secondary deficiency issues. FFS, they were playing a RB on JSN part of the night. Andrel Anthony would have had 350 easy, too.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• OSU hoops was really hitting a nice stride when Covid canceled basically 4 weeks. Now this shitfest. Hopefully they can get back to where they were.
                            Last edited by iam416; January 2, 2022, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• The Rose Bowl outdrew both CFP semifinal games in TV numbers, though I’ve seen the Orange slightly ahead of the Rose, too.

It was the lowest combined TV viewership for any semifinal ever. Dropping way off from last year.

So, as to Hannibal’s thought that UGA-M would be ratings gold (and my contention that it’d be bad), in yer face!

Also, this year’s Rose Bowl is the second most viewed non-CFP game in the CFP era ranking behind, well, the OSU-Washington Rose Bowl.
                              Last edited by iam416; January 4, 2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• I think that has been the norm.

Comment

Working...
                                X