Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd actually have a harder time forgiving OSU if they just left these kids high and dry after the media shitstorm they've let them wade through. That money probably would have been better spent on a PR agency.

Comment

• Here's what this is about ......

The NCAA is one of the most F'ed up organizations I know of when it comes to what it is they actually do for college sports ..... which is milk college programs for outrageous amounts of money that ends up going into the pockets of NCAA employees who essentially do nothing. That is what this organization is about and has been since its inception.

That being said, the corrupt nature of the NCAA should be exposed by its members by not doing the kind of shit that osu did and Auburn did by using money to defend outright bad actors. The schools have every right to dismiss rule breaking athletes or even athletes suspected of rule breaking. Why did osu, knowing full well that multiple athletes in their football program took inappropriate benefits, defend them hiring expensive lawyers to do so.

F'ing kick them off the team. That is the entire problem with schools, like osu who figure out how to operate on the fringe, exploit the rules, stretch the rules in ways that they probably were never intended to be used. To me, osu's actions in this matter are just a further indictment of their terrible, corrupt behavior.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 11, 2011, 07:23 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
        Not sure if you are tone-deaf or just mentally retarded...matters not. What if he had a legitimate legal need and crisis to deal with, OSU would leave him high and dry. What about the other 50K students that actually attend OSU in order to earn a degree.....What about the young freshman that is sexually assaulted in Library parking lot or the band student that is paralyzed by a hit-and-run driver leaving practice? Surely these students are actually deserving OSU legal aid, wouldn't any assistance be best spent in this manner and not on another Tressel hoodrat bilking the system?
        So...you are saying the NCAA should go after OSU because they are following the NCAA's own rules about providing legal assistance to student-athletes?

I know you feel you need a negative story about OSU every day, but this one's really a stretch. There is no rules violation here and an NCAA spokesperson says so in the middle of your fine article. Rant about the NCAA itself like Jeff's doing if you feel like bitching and moaning.

Comment

• Illinois, sweet Illinois....bet they don't send flowers....just an old-fashioned assjacking
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• One firm representing the whole bunch? Gotta be a huge conflict of interest unless each player signs off on it. It's like one lawyer representing an entire gang in a criminal case. It would be in the best interest for at least one to spill his guts to get a favorable deal or immunity.

Comment

• Who are we to question the poster child for compliance?

Comment

• There's just got to be something wrong here...just gotta...let's keep searching...someone think of something, fast

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Why did osu, knowing full well that multiple athletes in their football program took inappropriate benefits, defend them hiring expensive lawyers to do so.
                  Just Win, Baby!
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I know you feel you need a negative story about OSU every day, but this one's really a stretch. There is no rules violation here and an NCAA spokesperson says so in the middle of your fine article. Rant about the NCAA itself like Jeff's doing if you feel like bitching and moaning.

DSL, these interesting and informative news stories write themselves, I am merely the purveyor of truth, fact and justice. Frankly if you wish these facts to stop surfacing with continued and alarming regularity, clean up your program.
                    As long as Gee & Smith continue their folly, I am left with little choice. The entire CFB World is fed up....if the NCAA only had the courage to administer the death penalty one more time.

Rest assured, "I'll be bringin' the pain", as often as necessary. Cheers
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 12, 2011, 08:24 AM.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• OP: OSU is going to get SLAMMED over this!! Paying players legal fees?!?! OUTRAGEOUS

NCAA: It's standard practice for schools to pay legal fees for their athletes and completely within NCAA regulations

OP: OH SNAP!! OSU is about to get SLAMMED!!!1!1

Comment

• I was walking into the office with my Michigan hoodie on today. A guy in an Ohio shirt opens the door and lets me walk through. He says "I can't believe I am holding the door for a Michigan guy."

I said "You'd better get used to it, buddy."

He begrudgingly agreed. :D

Comment

• No doubt, the NCAA is full of arcane, self-serving "regulations", we know that. What you fail to grasp is that America is disgusted with OSU's serpentine behavior, it is wrong and your program will continue to pay a heavy price for the corruption and "shell" game.

Allow me to connect the dots DSL, OSU will continue to pay "on the field" as the Illini will hand the Bucks their 4th loss of this young season, enjoy.

Keep dancin'
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 12, 2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• America is going to go ballistic when they find out OSU is following the rules and providing legal services to its student-athletes. When will the rioting end, do you suppose? Two, maybe three months? Wait till more people get wind of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              America is going to go ballistic when they find out OSU is following the rules and providing legal services to its student-athletes. When will the rioting end, do you suppose? Two, maybe three months? Wait till more people get wind of this.
                              Really DSL? It appears it's the ONLY NCAA rule that OSU followed under Don Tressel's tenure as it plays to their advantage.....you are not fooling anyone.

Did you pick a Water Tower yet?

Comment

• Excellent. So you agree we followed NCAA rules re: legal services. Excellent. So you agree the article is much ado over nothing. Glad I could win you over to my line of thought

Comment

Working...
                                X