Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of chest-thumping going on in East Lansing today too.

You'd think they won an important game or something.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comparsions to Stalin would be off-base, but I don't think any of us went there. Comrade Stalin, afterall, would have shut down the tattoo parlors and shipped half of the Ohio team to the gulags.

Brutal and drastic measures indeed, but, ironically, they might have worked in Ohio's favor when the NCAA started meddling in their affairs.

Comment

• Ohio Media, as one would expect was most livid today.

Essentially, if OSU's new Head Coach Urban Meyer couldn't be bothered to coach at the Gator, why should any of Tressel's players be bothered to actually show up with a pulse and play?

Dark times in Columbus. FWIW, Meyer added his OL line & TE coaches today, staff complete.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Hinton has been known for awhile. The Warinner info was provided yesterday amongst your standard tomfoolery.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tom, who is this Tom fellow, as I sure do not know him?

Anyway, in other news....

Urban Meyer held a 7am TEAM meeting today in order to usher in a new era which to me suggests business as usual.....of course the meeting was held at a local Columbus Tittie Bar.

Anyway, Meyer thanked Fickell for showing, handing over the office keys and for not further embarrassing the team or program by "offing" himself last night. Oh yeah, the player bail money was handed over and pocketed by Meyer.

Meeting adjourned.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• heh ... OP, .. you are in rare form this morning ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I love it ......

columbus in turmoil.

Again.

The off season will be fun.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Turmoil? Bizarre.

UFM has shrewdly banned twitter accounts robbing America of countless insightful musings.
                  Last edited by iam416; January 3, 2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• That's OK, "Radio OP" is alive and well.

DSL, When Michigan restores honor & balance to the Big Ten Conference this evening, let's not lose sight of the Prize. Last time you guys were there things didn't go very well, head coach, certain team members as well as the program were BUSTED and prize money returned.

Sadly the Buckeye Nation had an obstructed view at the time....

Here's what she looks like, Majestic Beauty I say.......

Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 3, 2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• I had no idea M's aspirations were so, well, mundane.

Comment

• Indeed in fine form -- love the ``obstructed view'' bit.

Comment

• If Tressel's departure only serves to open the door for Urban Meyer, I will be totally pissed. Fickell must have moderate "Rich Rod" success as the new HC in order to tie OSU's hands for 3 years or so...... If in the end if it only meant trading Tressel for Meyer (best coach in the game) the Big Ten is gonna take a beating! Enjoy your summer.
                          I need to keep this on at least every third or fourth page of this thread.

Comment

• I would if I were you. Laugh your way to hell over it -- at least until he takes off and then you're left scrambling again.

Comment

• That's my plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                heh ... OP, .. you are in rare form this morning ...

Happy New Year Liney, 2011 was not particularly kind to me, so I am more than eager to turn the page and of course that means incessant OSU smack for a little while anyway.

Great Night in Sport awaits, Team Canada plays it's arch rival Russia (Soviet Union) in the Quarter Finals of the World Jr. Hockey Tournament in beautiful Calgary, Alberta Canada and of course Michigan v. VT in the BCS SUGAR!

Pinch Me! Last but not least, secured my passage to Vegas to attend the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) on the 11th. No release date or price point yet but soon. This will adorn my Sports Room wall, book it! Some say it's a huge 3-D HDTV but I say no, it's actually a small continent. ;)

On OP's radar: LG plans to unveil an 84-inch 3DTV at January's Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which the company said will be the world's largest.

LG said the TV will include 8 million pixels and boast a resolution of 3480-by-2160, four times the resolution found on full HDTV sets. LG has dubbed it "Ultra Definition."

LG plans to unveil an 84-inch 3DTV at January's Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which the company said will be the world's largest.
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 3, 2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X