Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick glance at the websites of Notre Dame and OSU tells me that Notre Dame offers 65 majors while OSU offers around 175.

Which is about what you'd expect comparing a small, private school with a de-emphasis on research versus one of the largest research universities in the county.

The University of Notre Dame is a private research university inspired by its Catholic character to be a powerful force for good in the world.

You can choose from a wide range of majors, including emerging and high-demand career fields.

Comment

• Personally, Strangelove, I would have let the "fine Michigan Man" stew in his own ignorance. But, yes, of course. Those facts are painfully obvious to all but the most daft.

If Clash wants to fill him in Decker's major and whether or not he's a douchebag, so be it. I have zero interest.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Stan-bait...no thanks.

These kids say whatever they think sounds good after flipping on a previous verbal...I assume he's known what ND's curriculum offers since committing ten months ago...so whatever. ND gains nothing by calling him out...I'm sure there are a bunch of undergrad programs that OSU offers that ND doesn't.

Comment

• Heh. That is, of course, true. He left because of (a) no more Bollman/Tressel; (b) UFM; and (c) Warriner. It's remarkably straight-forward and, of course, a completely fair reason to flip.

Comment

• he also got a tattoo
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Heh.

Comment

• Stan is the "Bill O'Reilly" on steriods of this Forum, that's what I dig about him.

btw I voted for Obama.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Be careful, OP.

I'll tolerate some digs at the 'sold out commercialized Bill O'Reilly'

But, I'll go to fisticuffs if you impugn Sean Hannity

don't say you weren't warned ....
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Heh. That is, of course, true. He left because of (a) no more Bollman/Tressel; (b) UFM; and (c) Warriner. It's remarkably straight-forward and, of course, a completely fair reason to flip.

EFZ...and there is nothing wrong with that. 3-4 weeks ago, when Meyer first approached him, Decker was quoted as saying (paraphrase) "I committed to a school, not a coach".

No doubt some jack-ass ND fans are rubbing that quote in his face via twitter/facebook...so Decker comes out with a different rationale for switching. Again, whatever. Sucks for us, but at the end of the day it's got to be his decision for whatever reason.

Besides, whatever excuses ND has to make about it's program...academics certainly isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      But, I'll go to fisticuffs if you impugn Sean Hannity
                      Stephen Colbert for President in 2012 !!!

Don't worry about OP, Sean Hannity impugns himself quite nicely by himself...
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thanks Jon.

No doubt some jack-ass ND fans are rubbing that quote in his face via twitter/facebook...so Decker comes out with a different rationale for switching. Again, whatever. Sucks for us, but at the end of the day it's got to be his decision for whatever reason.

One would be inclined to add the following, (no particular order):

A.) ND is a dangerous work environment. Film Study Student sacrificed while gaining high-angle footage in a losing effort to Tulsa.

B.) Brian Kelly is a dick.

C.) Catholic Church was rocked by a sexual sexual abuse have all the homosexual pedophiles been rounded up? Look at what Sandusky got away with at PSU, are these 6ft - 5 in., 300 lb "kids" that can bench a bus, really safe showering in a potentially dangerous ND locker room?

D.) All of the above.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 17, 2012, 12:44 PM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I also believe that Coach Hoke and his staff have just scratched the surface on the positive effect that they will have on this program. Hoke is the epitome of a players coach, and once this becomes well known, (and its just a matter of time before it does), I believe that top talent from all over will want to play for the man.

And besides, this is Michigan, for goodness sakes ....
                          Next year and especially the year after Hoke and Mattison will have much more talent on defense and the Oline, areas where the focus lies in their philosophy. It could be a Bo type offensive gameplan (lots of running the ball) and dominant D.

Denard graduating won't be a huge problem in that scenario
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Joey O'Connor has made it official. Another pretty decent OL recruit for UFM. Thank god.

Comment

• Jalin Marshall to announce on January 31st. With Burrows and Marshall announcing so early, OSU will have two 5* kids on board for 2013 before the 2012 NLOID day. I like. Marshall, in particular, will be a superstar. Hopefully Robert Foster, Billy Price, Caleb Day and maybe a few others announce soon, too.

Also, David Perkins, apparently, is Ohio State. They want him as a LB. Interesting -- I assume that UFM deferred to Warriner and/or Hinton on this one. It's looking more and more like UFM will turn what was once a borderling top 20 class into a top 3-4 class (ESPNU excluded, heh).

Comment

• I suppose...yet again, that Marshall's listing of ND in his top two is just to have an alternate hat on the table to diss?

Comment

Working...
                                X