Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be beyond shocked if either Burrows or Marshall didn't commit to Ohio State.

Marshall was in the bag when UFM was hired (until then, it was definitely 50/50 at best for OSU). If it makes you feel any better, The Nick has been going after Marshall hard, but UAT's hat won't be on the table. Burrows, I thought, might wait awhile. That he's ready to sign up so early is a surprise.

BTW, more on the hilarity of what high school kids will say. Burrows is saying that his decision isn't a done deal and that he's still think on it and that who knows where he'll pick. You know, that charade is fairly laughable when it's NLOID day, but at least it's plausible -- kid has an artificial deadline and he wants to meet it. Burrows has opted to announce 13 months ahead of NLOID. If he doesn't know where he wants to go, perphaps he should think on it a bit more. Heh.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With Perkins, OSU is now: Rivals (3); Scout (4) and 247 (4). ESPNU hasn't updated since the 12th (3 commits ago).

Camren Williams and Armani Reeves are visiting today. Demetrious Cox is apparently going to visit on Friday. Of note, with Perkins commitment OSU is back at 82. So, any new commitments will have to mean further attrition.

Oh, and re 2013, Eli Woodard is another name that could commit very soon. Woodard and Burrows would be a great CB class.
      Last edited by iam416; January 18, 2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        With Perkins, OSU is now: Rivals (3); Scout (4) and 247 (4). ESPNU hasn't updated since the 12th (3 commits ago).

Camren Williams and Armani Reeves are visiting today. Demetrious Cox is apparently going to visit on Friday. Of note, with Perkins commitment OSU is back at 82. So, any new commitments will have to mean further attrition.

Oh, and re 2013, Eli Woodard is another name that could commit very soon. Woodard and Burrows would be a great CB class.
        Don't worry, I'm sure more attrition is on the way...I'm sure there are unknown medical issues being faced by some scrubs...#SECcomingtotheB1G
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think the more likely scenario is that players have already told UFM they're looking elsewhere. And Jamal Berry may get kicked off the team, too.

I will say this, if I were a marginal player, I would steer clear of anything remotely resembling trouble.

Comment

• Yeah. That's the more likely scenario... #ThatswhathappensintheSEC
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I, of course, defer to your knowledge on the situation and UFM's past recruiting practices. Thank you for your tremendous insight.

Regardless of what the situation is, UFM is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail, and that ain't going to stop. We'll see if anyone else in the B10 will be able to keep up.

Comment

• Does Reeves have a visit skedded to UM?

Comment

• He visited last weekend, I believe. I may be wrong on the date, but I know he OV'd.

Comment

• tx

Comment

• Yup last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I'd be beyond shocked if either Burrows or Marshall didn't commit to Ohio State.

Marshall was in the bag when UFM was hired (until then, it was definitely 50/50 at best for OSU). If it makes you feel any better, The Nick has been going after Marshall hard, but UAT's hat won't be on the table. Burrows, I thought, might wait awhile. That he's ready to sign up so early is a surprise.
                        Oh I know he's going to OSU...it just seems that ND serves as the "other" choice much more often than not. I'd like to think that it's a sign that an ND offer still carries some noteriety...and at least it keeps us in the discussion.

Comment

• As expected, Cameron Burrows is a Buckeye. Jalin Marshall is next up for the class of 2013 at the end of January. Though, I suppose someone else could jump aboard in the interim. Eli Woodard, Caleb Day, Robert Foster and Billy Price are all candidates.

Comment

• Wow, Colts esenatilly throw their season obviously, earning a stranglehold on the first overall draft pick in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes.

The NFL seemed to watch helplessly....no coincidence that the shady rascality started about the time Jim Tressel was hired.

Can't wait for his next book, "Eight Men Out + Jim Tressel", A Christian's perspective on throwing the "Black Colts" football season.
                            Scheduled to hit store shelves by April Fools' Day.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• LOL

WWJDTGAL

What Would Jesus Do To Get Andrew Luck.....

Comment

• T, Any info on the direction Meyer is taking with his DB coach replacement? He could actually really help us out if he hires Travaris Robinson out of Gainsville. We are already in a decent position to flip CB Brian Poole...if Robinson leaves, its a given that Poole will come to ND...

...we need CBs...particularly the way this Yuri Wright situation is going...

Comment

Working...
                                X