Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Williams would qualify as a head scratcher for me. I don't think that type of player sniffs an offer from M for 2013.

Gant is very meh. I mean, he was no better than the 3rd best lineman on the team. They never threw the ball. The entire St. Ed's running game was largely stifled by Ignatius twice. Kalis, as I've said, is the real deal. The other guys who ended up with D-1 offers, IMO, ended up where they should have (WV, BC). Not sure what M's need is with Gant. If it's high, he's worth the risk. If not, I'd pass and give a walk-on the scholie for the year. JMO.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Gant or Grant? (I'm assuming Grant from the context)
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Concur on AJ Williams but Hoke puts a huge emphasis on running the ball down your throats, think Wisconsin when he eventually gets his OL and he'll employ 2 TE sets when he has them... Sam Grant I'd agree is a bit of a reach at TE but M is desperate for tight ends and like I just said above, Hoke will use 2 TE sets... How about Allen Gant?

Sam Grant & AJ Williams is the result of RR not recruiting tight ends, M's massive need for them and Pharaoh Brown's decommitment.

Comment

• yeah, Allen Gant is a safety.
          He got injured, never fully recovered and played as well as pre-injury, and hence the rankings free-fall.

Obviously, M staff seems to think he will eventually recover and be a contributor at the safety position.

Comment

• Grant has a pretty good offer list (including Oklahoma and Arkansas) and if his measurables listed on rivals are true, he's college ready in the physique department (we need a guy like that big time). Sounds like a guy who might be underrated. I keep hearing that Funchess is a WR/TE hybrid type.

Comment

• Ooops, yeah I was referring to Grant, not Gant. Sorry.

Sam Grant & AJ Williams is the result of RR not recruiting tight ends, M's massive need for them and Pharaoh Brown's decommitment.
              Ok, well that explains it. Heh. It's like OSU scrambling for LBs. UFM apparently doesn't like the LB depth OSU has. I don't blame him.

Comment

• On the OSU recruiting front, Kyle Dodson will finally decide on Saturday. Also, Stefon Diggs is making noise about visiting. I'm a little "meh" on the this. I mean, he's ridiculously good, but (a) he seems all Gator and (b) he seems like trouble. Either way, I won't consider Diggs a possibility until I actually see a picture of him in Columbus. Finally, Roger Lewis, a WR from Columbus, will apparently be off to Fork Union (or the like) to get his grades in order. So, OSU's class is down to 22, for now.

Also, as I said, I do think Reeves will decide by the end of the week. Wouldn't be surprised if it's tonight, tbh.
                Last edited by iam416; January 24, 2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Apparently, there's zero chance Diamond will sign with OSU. OSU hasn't been in touch with him since his OV -- more than a month ago. That would explain the offer to O'Conner (I assume they thought of Diamond more as an interior lineman).

So, it would seem M is a lock for Diamond unless Arky got to him.
                  Last edited by iam416; January 24, 2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Everyone that OSU has missed on, they passed on huh???
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Heh. Guy who posted is really good. Either way, it is good news for M.

And I'm happy to list tons of players UFM couldn't get. I'm cool like that.

Comment

• BTN is replaying the Game from last year. Nice to be reminded how many a-holes there are from Ohio, and how many of them have tattoos.

The nicest part, however, is watching them lose.

Comment

• Culture of corruption. I did record their Gator Bowl which I will watch with pleasure. Not sure why their new head coach failed to show, especially during the dead period? Wonder what next year's excuse will be, oh wait , bowl ban not to mention they will need to win at least 6 games too....a tall order these days in C-Bus.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 25, 2012, 05:17 AM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• In the 'east' 10 wins won't be too difficult given they play Cal & 3 cupcakes OOC. They do play some of the tougher west teams; M, Neb & MSU.

Comment

• Hyperbole WM . ;)
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• It's nice for you boys that you finally have a game to watch. Maybe one day "game" will even be plural!

Comment

Working...
                                X