Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Feeling like OSU is actually really in it with Bosa. Wisky and M are not. UFM might actually pull one from The Nick. Lawdy.

Wierd...quote from him says this isn't true.

Comment

• Bosa sounds like a Buckeye from insiders, on record though he says he has a top four of Alabama, Ohio, Florida & Michigan. Later said its going to come down to Ohio and Michigan...

M will need a chance to get him on campus again before he decides (summer) to have a chance. He likely won't reach my recruiting board unless he shows a bit more interest in M.

Comment

• If it is between M and Ohio, then super. M isn't in it, though I heard Mattison did as much as he could. Still say it is Alabama. But, if he makes a return trip for spring game, then he is OSU's.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, seems like Anzalone will in fact visit with his parents. Watch what they do, not what they say.

Comment

• Watch what they do, not what they say.
            Hmmmm....that would seem to be good advice especially regarding the words and actions of one Urban Frank Meyer!

Comment

• Indeed. One thing UFM has done is won more national titles in the past 5 years than "mighty" M has won in the past 60+. Good advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Indeed. One thing UFM has done is won more national titles in the past 5 years than "mighty" M has won in the past 60+. Good advice.
                Historically speaking, I can't refute your statement there, Talent. Let's see, though, if he can replicate that success at tosu; if he can't (as I suspect) and/or he repeats the mistakes he reportedly made at Florida, where will that leave your beloved school in a few years? .

Oh,wait--- I have an idea! Maybe by the time that the "World's Greatest Coach #1B" either excuses himself to bolt to ND or wears out his welcome/is pushed out, your school might find a way to hire "World's Greatest Coach #1A", a.k.a Nick Saban. And all will be well again in ohio...

Comment

• Rob apparently is another one who scoffs at the notion that both Meyer and Saban are better coaches the The Hoke.

Comment

• if he can replicate that success at tosu
                    It will be difficult to win 2 national titles in 5 years. The whole of the B10 has only 1 title under the BCS format and has only won 2 national titles overall in the past 40 seasons.

Frankly, it will be difficult to match Coach Tressel's success. UFM is unlikely to win as many conference championships because of the new format that won't permit "shared" titles.

What UFM can still do is field elite teams and let the chips fall where they may. That's the standard Tressel set and the standard I will hold UFM to, though many OSU fans may hold him to an even higher standard.

Comment

• If not for the silly Rose Bowl rules, both M and OSU would have another NT or two to their resume. Both were top 2-5 teams in some years that lost to each other and should've went to a bowl game and have a chance to play for the MNT. Instead they sat at home due to the silly B10 rules of only having one bowl game.

Comment

• Agree, it sounds like Bosa is a Buckeye. Off-the-record he wasn't quite as politically correct to M insiders. Odd to hear he said it was likely coming down to M and Ohio...

In many cases like these, the recruits tell the insiders/reporters what they want to hear and its far more telling to hear what Bosa has had to say to Bama, Ohio, & Florida reporters.

Comment

• If not for the silly Rose Bowl rules, both M and OSU would have another NT or two to their resume. Both were top 2-5 teams in some years that lost to each other and should've went to a bowl game and have a chance to play for the MNT. Instead they sat at home due to the silly B10 rules of only having one bowl game.
                          Even more directly, Ohio State could have won at least 3 national titles in the 70s simply by winning the Rose Bowl. Bah.

Agree, it sounds like Bosa is a Buckeye. Off-the-record he wasn't quite as politically correct to M insiders. Odd to hear he said it was likely coming down to M and Ohio...

In many cases like these, the recruits tell the insiders/reporters what they want to hear and its far more telling to hear what Bosa has had to say to Bama, Ohio, & Florida reporters.
                          I read from an "insider" that when he was at Florida, UFM liked to have guys he knew were in the bag or close to it, talk up his rivals. I have zero insight into whether this is true or not. I also read that he really liked Mattison but program-wise, not so a huge. I also heard that he loves UFM and loves Vrabel and really had a good visit. Finally, apparently Bosa's twitter is replete with pro-OSU stuff. But, whatever.

As I said, even though I think Bosa is really, really good, there are several recruits I'd be happier to see come aboard. Jaylon Smith. Any top-shelf WR. Ethan Pocic.

Unfortunately, OSU, I think, isn't really in it for Treadwell. I don't think anyone is, really, but M. Marquez North is only vaguely interested. Quick is visiting for the spring game, so that's at least a small in. And Foster is done. Bah. Jaylon Smith, I hear too many things about, but I read enough enough to think he's, at best, a toss-up. And Pocic is tough to read.

This weekend they'll probably add another TE (Heuerman) and maybe Anzalone.

Comment

• Yes, UFM early in his tenure had a lot of recruits talk-up about how they were huge FSU fans but then chose Florida over them, even though he had those recruits in the bag for months and were never huge FSU fans.

Comment

• Well, there you go. Anyway, I have a hard time believing that Alabama isn't at least in his top 2. Very hard time.

Comment

• Rob apparently is another one who scoffs at the notion that both Meyer and Saban are better coaches the The Hoke.
                                I join him in scoffing at the notion that those two are in some sort of super special category of coaches, and that Coach Hoke doesn't deserve to coach in the same stadium against them.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X