Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Neil Armstrong passed away today, sad day for America.

Armstrong and Glenn, the only two Ohioans worth noting.
    Reminds me of this...

To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
      Sure, their mass murder of Indians and southern civilians is something of which to be proud.
      In Ohio nobody is sure what a sentence is, much less the idea that they should not end in prepositions.

Comment

• Rocky sounds like a Copperhead and a closet treasonist

Comment

• Famous Ohioans

Charles Manson
          Jeffery Dahmer
          Gloria Steinem
          Larry Flynt (publisher of Hustler adult magazine)
          George Custer
          John Holmes (adult entertainment performer)
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            Famous Ohioans

Charles Manson
            Jeffery Dahmer
            Gloria Steinem
            Larry Flynt (publisher of Hustler adult magazine)
            George Custer
            John Holmes (adult entertainment performer)
            Don't forget:

The Talent (resident douchebag)
            DSL (ditto)
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And Casey Anthony...

To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Oh my....
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Couple other Ohioans worth noting:

Bo Schembechler
                  Gary Moeller
                  Brady Hoke

Comment

• Escapees
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Here's a fuller list of coaches from Ohio:

Paul Brown
                      Paul Dietzel
                      Jon Gruden
                      Woody Hayes
                      John Heisman
                      Brady Hoke
                      Don James
                      Howard Jones
                      Bill Mallory
                      Urban Meyer
                      Les Miles
                      Gary Moeller
                      Jack Mollenkopf
                      Joe Morrison
                      Don Nehlen
                      Chuck Noll
                      Ara Parseghian
                      Bo Pelini
                      Gary Pinkel
                      John Pont
                      Bo Schembechler
                      Don Shula
                      Bob Stoops
                      Joe Tiller
                      Jim Tressel
                      Randy Walker
                      Ivy Williamson

Comment

• Here is a list of douchebags from Ohio:

The Talent
                        DSL
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• God bless William Tecumseh Sherman and Ulysses S. Grant and their heroic and patriotic efforts to bring treasonists to justice.

Jeez, I look at that list of Ohio coaches and man -- while Bo may be the 2nd greatest coach in Michigan history, he's not even in the top 5 coaches from Ohio and may not make the top 10. Gotta win a title to make that list.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With or without cheating?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well I dunno about that -- when evaluating coaches you have to factor in a lot of variables. Phil Jackson vs. Larry Brown is a classic example for me. LB would obviously have more titles if he coached only teams with at least two top-15 players. Would Phil have gotten all those terrible teams to the playoffs for the first time in franchise history like Larry did with the Nets, Clippers, Bobcats, etc? Good question.

In the context of Ohio football coaches, Bo left behind a legacy. Michigan's is a football program in the truest sense of the word. There are ways and principles that, if adhered to and combined with current thinking on strategy and tactics and training etc., will result in sustained success. That legacy is pretty strong: even after approximately a decade of the unintentional tagteam of LC and RR trying to destroy what Bo built, the man's legacy is as strong as ever and the program is healing fast.

Arguing against Bo, were I an opponent of Michigan I wouldn't have feared him on the sideline like I used to Jim Tressell. Tressell was a smart guy who used every trick in the book. But the downside of Tressell is he left nothing behind, which is how coaches do it down there if they never make it out to the wider world. They work the pipeline but none has implemented a system that would really and truly make it a superior program. OSU does not have a football program in the way that Michigan does. Instead it has local talent and it has cheating. Michigan lacks the talent pool but because of its system and approach, thanks to Bo, punches far, far above its natural weight. OSU meanwhile is the Saudi Arabia of football -- brainless fundamentalists who think that they actually did something more than have the luck to be born above a huge pot of gold. Without it they'd be a pack of feral nomads with daggers tucked into their loincloths and subsisting on camel milk and dates.
                              Last edited by hack; August 27, 2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Although I am heading to LA in just moments, Hurricane Isaac dumped 6-12 inches of rain in south Florida. Sadly, it appears it's not the only meteorological phenomenon full of hot air!

Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 27, 2012, 10:33 AM.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X