Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 p.m. press conference Tressel, AD Gene Smith and president Gordon Gee.

Comment

LOL, JD -- get that t-shirt right and I'm buying ten. Tressell's face in the same pose with the same tat pattern?

Comment

I'm just gonna wait and watch and enjoy the squirming of those hairless bucknuts. Sure, they possibly might wiggle out of this, but the hand-wringing, if nothing else, should be fun to take in.

Depending on who you listen to, it could be big trouble or not, some are already calling it "TresselGate". Herbstreit said people are alarmed in Columbus at this point. I never though USC would get the hammer so you never know. Since 2000, Ohio State had reported to the NCAA more than 375 violations -- the most of any of the 69 Football Bowl Subdivision schools that provided documents to the newspaper through public-records requests.

Comment

Apparently OSU receives so many potential violations, they can't look into all of them. Good defense.

Comment

As part of its self-report, the university has self-imposed the following sanctions: a public reprimand and apology; a two-game suspension; attendance at a compliance seminar; and a $250,000 fine.

Comment

for an email...meanwhile, Cam Newton comes on right afterwards..smiling and happy..Auburn is all good...still think we are like an SEC team?

Comment

Lets see...Troy Smith...Maurice Clarrett...now Terrell Pryor et al. Sounds like YEARS long lack of institutional control. I think that the football program Death Penalty is order here.

osu...SMU...osu...SMU...
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State suspended football coach Jim Tressel for two games and fined him $250,000 for violating NCAA rules by failing to notify the school about information he received involving two players and questionable activities involving Buckeye memorabilia.
                  Tressel also will receive a public reprimand and must make a public apology.

http://college-football-blog.blogs.c.../view/24156338

What a joke!
                  Last edited by geo weidl; March 8, 2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

These are just self-imposed penalties. The NCAA could always add on. But since the punishment is so fair and just, I hardly see why they'd feel the need.

Comment

Wait and see if the NCAA pursues this.

Comment

Absolutely, Tressel LIED to NCAA officials about what he knew and when he knew it. Sounds like lack of institutional control to me. Anyone say forfeiture of last seasons games from April to December during the period that he decived the NCAA?

Not that it will stick to Tefflon Tressel, but we can hope! It will probably bounce off his sweatervest.

Comment

It's best for M that this linger on as long as possible. The uncertainty regarding possible penalties may be enough to sway over some recruits. We know how well other coaches have used RRod's mishaps to recruit against him. Only appropriate if it goes the other way.

Comment

Ohh, good point Blue... let it stretch into next season or more before bringing the hammer down.

Comment

"Wherever we end up at the end of the day, Jim Tressel is our football coach," Smith said. Ohio State president Gordon Gee echoed that sentiment. "This university is very committed to this coach," Gee said. "This university president is very committed to this coach."

Evidently, St Jim gets a free pass for anything. I heard Tressel was torturing puppies in the team weight room and lied about that too to the NCAA. Does the man have no soul?
                              Last edited by Ghengis Jon; March 8, 2011, 08:55 PM.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

The Vest is cruel. Give Michigan just a glimmer of hope for the future, then dash those hopes brutally

Comment

Working...
                                X