Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think OSU will wear the capes.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      JD will no doubt show up momentarily to scold me for preferring Nike to adidas, and he's got an increasingly compelling argument. I'm going to have to take a look at what Underarmor has been doing with basketball uniforms.
      I don't see what difference it makes. All three companies excel at making garrish clown suits. It's up to the school to veto such nonsense.
      Last edited by Mike; January 5, 2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• I think the garish clown outfits by Nike are looked at by the young ones as cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I think the garish clown outfits by Nike are looked at by the young ones as cool.
          Indeed ..... and maybe I'm na?ve about this but I don't see USC, Alabama or PSU, to name a few, caving in to this perceived need to make the kids happy and then proceeding to dress them up like clowns.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• No, its definitely for insurgent programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Indeed ..... and maybe I'm na?ve about this but I don't see USC, Alabama or PSU, to name a few, caving in to this perceived need to make the kids happy and then proceeding to dress them up like clowns.
              100%. It would be way, way too much to ask now that we ditched Brandon and have Harbaugh, but locking in a uniform design for football (and ideally basketball) and dropping the highlighter yellow to return to maize would be absolutely sublime.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                I don't think OSU will wear the capes.
                If Mariotti is wearing wings it could impact his throwing motion.

Comment

• The closest any team has come to Oregon since its loss to Arizona is UCLA's 42-30 loss, and that game was nowhere near that close. Those 42 points are also the fewest Oregon has scored in that 9-game stretch. The cold, hard facts are not very encouraging.

Comment

• 2008 Oklahoma scored 60 points in 5 straight games after their loss to Texas.
                    They got to the NC championship vs a talented Florida team and only scored 14 points.

The talent on defense of Ohio State will be something Oregon hasn't seen all year.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm not sure about that. OSU is going to have to win a shootout.

Comment

• Ohio State is not 2008 Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Ohio State is not 2008 Florida.
                          Next year they could be. I think that team could be that great (if certain juniors/redshirt sophomores don't leave early). But yes, 2014/15 OSU is not on that level.

Comment

• This might be the game where the loss of Barrett will hurt. It didn't matter versus Wisconsin and Alabama, you were clearly the better team. With Barrett that team is better than Oregon.

Comment

• BuckLion:

There's no real early entry concerns for me for next season. They're just going to really, really good. Then they'll lose Bell, Bosa and Elliot and I'll be sad.

Fruit:

First, Ohio State wasn't clearly better than Alabama by any stretch. That game could have gone either way. As it happened, OSU owned 3rd down and Bama was a disaster on third down. I'm still not sure why Kiffin didn't keep with Henry.

Second, I agree with you re JTB but the reason is that Oregon forces teams to patiently drive down the field. They'll give you passing yards in the small chunks but are generally good against the big plays. So a QB like JTB who is very good at the intermediate game, especially within that offense, is a bit more valuable than Cardale, whose biggest asset is the ability to chuck it 70 yards and throw lasers down the seam.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                No, its definitely for insurgent programs.
                                Exactly. Which is why I don't like to see Michigan dabble with this nonsense. They look like dumb whores when they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X