Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardale Jonez in meltdown, all that is left is the stabbing.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• The offense was significantly worse today than against Hawaii. At least against Hawaii they eventually woke up

Comment

• We've all seen this sort of incomprehensible snoozefest from an Ohio State offense in September before in recent years, and unfortunately, it has rarely presaged any sort of disaster. I sincerely hope this year is different, but until shown otherwise, I'll chalk this up to Ohio State simply cooling off after an insanely good run of offensive performances and being due for an off day. As for their ranking, it's not as if any of the other contenders have shown themselves to be clearly superior. USC? No. Alabama? Not if Ole Miss hangs on. TCU? SMU torched that defense. Michigan State? I guess you could make a case there, but remember, Oregon lost by three after missing a wide-open receiver on a sure touchdown with less than two minutes to play. Baylor? No one deserves a #1 ranking with that non-conference schedule.

Comment

• Of course, I may have been mistaken in writing off Alabama.

And just as I type that, they turn the ball over again...

Comment

• I kinda get the incoherent offense stuff and that meyer has the potential to unscrew that but we've seen this kind of thing before where that #1 ranking and all the hype damages team focus, a willingness to play as a team and the emergence of a dominating offense. I think Saban's UA is a good example of that. Players get lazy.

The tools are there. No question. I'm not so certain about urbz. Not sure he handles things well when they go to shit. We'll see. The schedule certainly favors osu ..... until they host MSU and then go to AA back to back. The difference maker here is that the players will be up for both those games. The wild card is whether their weak schedule will prepare them for them.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• ^

Schedule is so soft for OSU that they have plenty of time to figure out their issues before they are really tested vs Sparty.

Comment

• They will be fine. They aren't going down on their own. If we want OSU to get beat, we will have to beat them. Which, ultimately, is how it should be. I'm down for all forms of schedeufreude here, but the important losses are the one's we'll hang on them. Not the others.

Comment

• They've played 8 terrible offensive quarters in a row. That's a real problem.

The defense is just really, really good. NIU ran 74 plays yesterday thanks to the shitass fucking offense. They gained 190 yards.

Ultimately UFM has to choose a QB and go with him. Period. And ultimately the OL can't be shit. I think they're stuck in an adjustment period from Herman to Warriner. Hopefully.

Upside is that other teams are flawed. TCU gave up 37 to SMU. MSU/AFA was not good showing and neither was MSU/WMU. That said, I'm only concerned about OSU and right now there's massive concern for the offensive side of the ball.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's Ronda Rousey's fault.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Correct!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think she needs spanked.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The #1 Team in CFB, the mighty bucks, are again struggling with a vastly over-matched opponent AT HOME. Jones is at QB. He's led the team to two TDs, bon two passes, oth of them deep shots and with 6 mins left in the half, osu has 62 yards rushing, against ......... honk the horns ...... WMU.

There not going to lose this game but holy shit.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Not really

Comment

• Yes, really ....... the offense has scored 17 points, the defense 7.

This is osu's last drive just before the half:

3rd and 14 Jones, Cardale sacked for no gain to the WMU19 (BRASTER, Nathan), PENALTY OSU intentional grounding (Jones, Cardale) 0 yards to the WMU19, NO PLAY. HALF.

2nd and 10Jones, Cardale sacked for loss of 4 yards to the WMU19 (BRASTER, Nathan).

1st and 10Clock 00:17, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale pass incomplete to Thomas, Michael (SPILLANE, Robert).

1st and 10Timeout Ohio State, clock 00:17.

3rd and 6Clock 00:23, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale crossing pass complete to Elliott, Ezekiel for 9 yards to the WMU15, 1ST DOWN OSU (ZAMORT, Ronald).

2nd and 10Clock 00:29, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale rush over right end for 4 yards to the WMU24, out-of-bounds (BROWN, Asantay).

1st and 10Clock 00:36, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale pass incomplete to Miller, Braxton.

1st and 10Clock 00:51, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale middle pass complete to Thomas, Michael for 15 yards to the WMU28, 1ST DOWN OSU (ATKINS, Rontavious).

3rd and 8Clock 01:09, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale sideline pass complete to Marshall, Jalin for 11 yards to the WMU43, 1ST DOWN OSU, out-of-bounds (PHILLIPS, Darius;ASSOUA, Eric).

2nd and 24Clock 01:39, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale post pass complete to Smith, Corey for 16 yards to the OSU46 (TRANQUILL, Justin).

1st and 10Clock 01:45, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale rush for loss of 14 yards to the OSU30, fumble by Jones, Cardale recovered by OSU TEAM at OSU30.

2nd and 2Clock 01:58, Jones, Cardale middle pass complete to Wilson, Dontre for 14 yards to the OSU44, 1ST DOWN OSU (BAILEY, Caleb).

1st and 10Clock 02:11, [Shotgun], Jones, Cardale sideline pass complete to Thomas, Michael for 8 yards to the OSU30, out-of-bounds.

1st and 10OHIO STATE drive start at 02:11.

This is the classic 2 minute drill. osu drives for a score and WMU shuts osu down with a sack of CJ at the WMU 19 with CJ getting an intentional grounding call.

meyer has to be pissed. This drive is not a drive that I'd associate with the #1 team in the country.

Like I said, osu is struggling and esp. on offense.

Comment

• Hope they get it together in time to beat Sparty.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X