Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeyes on a good stretch of wins heading into the finale with Sparty. Looking a little bit more like the team at the start of the year.

Comment

• CBB is full of ups and downs. And in this year's B10, that was especially the case. Ohio State pumped up expectations by blowing out Villanova (still a good win, but they shot the fucking lights out), blowing out UNC on the road (no where close to as good as it looked then) and beating Kentucky on a neutral floor (UK wasn't particularly good then -- I'm not sure they're that much better now, either).

They were never a top 10 team. Well, I mean, when Dials is shooting 60% from 3P then they are, but most nights he is not. They struggled with turnovers, had some bad shooting nights and generally endured what you would expect from a 20-game conference death march. In the end, they are about where I thought they'd be -- a 15-20ish team. If they shoot well from 3P they can beat anyone. I really think that. And not some preposterous percentage -- but something like in the 80th percentile of ranges for them. If they shoot poorly -- 20th percentile range -- they can lose to anyone.

I've never seen the B10 like this. I've never seen it where you treat every non-nFw,UNL road game as presumptive loss and hope to steal a win. Crazy season.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You guys have had an OK season but it's time for you to do the business on Senior night at the Breslin. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• As of March, it seems like Coach Ryan Day is positioned to land a recruiting class that could best even UFM's best class. They'll have to close big on some huge names, but he's building a solid core with 9 top 100ish kids already and they probably lead for another 2 or 3.

In addition to that, OSU seems the likely landing spot for Trey Sermon. OSU's RB situation is currently a disaster with recruiting misses and injury leading to Steele Chambers currently holding down the #1 spot (Teague and Crawley are out, possibly into the season). Sermon would be a huge addition. And they're well position to choose which 2 of the 3 top 5 RBs they want to take in this class -- Henderson, Edwards and Pryor.

So, while we sail over the cliff into oblivion, at least I go thinking OSU could be good -- if they ever play football again.

Comment

• Evan Pryor is going to commit tonight (#84 OVR, #5 RB). Then it's a matter of which of Donovan Edwards (38, 3) or TreVeyon Henderson (17, 2) commit first for the 2nd spot. That's bananas (if true).

Comment

• Nice part of Edwards, Henderson is M gets your leftovers.

Comment

• Maybe. I think Edwards likes Georgia a lot, too. And who knows with Henderson. I know M is in it with him, but so is Clemson. And that's not usualy good for anyone but Clemson. Anyway, Aater getting burned last year by Bijan, I'll take the first one to commit and be damn happy.

Comment

• The only good news for me these days is CRD's raft of pandemic commitments. Ohio State is now up to 14 verbals. Those 14 commitments would have ranked Ohio State's class as an easy 2nd best in the B10 for ALL of 2020 -- way behind #1 (OSU) and way ahead of #2 (M).

Will soften the blow the losing the Year of Fields to the infernal Wuhan coronavirus.

Comment

• If CRD somehow gets Henderson and the two kids from Washington then I think this class could be aliright. If we ever play football again.

Comment

• Trey Sermon will a Buckeye when the 2020 season is canceled instead of a Sooner. Great news for a season that will never be.

Comment

• STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looks like TreVeyon Henderson was in the bag for a long time. It was then a race to snag the 2nd RB spot between Evan Pryor and Donovan Edwards. Unfortunately, Edwards wasn't quite ready to commit, so Pryor got it -- giving M a shot to land a really good RB.

Hopefully Kirby can convince him to head south.

Comment

• Also, with only 15 commits, CRD's class has a composite rating higher than any HARBAUGH!!!! class except the 2017 class. So, yeah...SUCK IT!

Man, I hope I live to see football matter again.

Comment

• I can't wait to see the first season of Coach Mel Tucker. Given the circumstances it is safe to say it will be a train wreck but I would be glad to fight for a Quick Lane bowl.

Comment

• The return of CFB will be a very positive sign that this, too, shall has passed. I look forward to the Justin Fields-less fall of 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X