Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fields is good. That’s it. They’ll get rolled by Penn State.
    Well, osu has a great receiver group too. But, you're right, the run game cannot rely on Fields being great there. He won't make it through even a COVID shortened season if he is the guy running the ball.

I haven't watched a lot - just portions of games but teams outside the Big12 just aren't running the ball in any kind of dominant fashion or for that matter putting together a solid offense with the run and pass playing off each other like they should. I think it takes a while of play at game speed to get the OL blocking well. That's one thing. The other is that defenses among the best teams are getting both the talent and coaching to excel v. the run game. College ball is looking more and more like the NFL and the NFL is looking more and more like CFB.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Targeting remains a terribly drafted rule. In principle, it’s fine. In practice, it’s awful. I’d say none of the 3 merited a fucking suspension. But that’s the dumbass rule. I hate it. You’ll never convince me that OSU not only beats Clemson, but rails them if Wade isn’t tossed.

As for OSU, Fields is good. That’s it. They’ll get rolled by Penn State.
      The rule is drafted fine.
      The interpretation of it is pish.

NCAA Targeting: " 'Targeting' means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball."

Anyone with half a brain can understand the intent of the rule as described there. We used to call shit like that Headhunting, or "Sweep the Leg".
      Anyone with half a brain simply cannot understand a lot of the calls that are being made today - not when that definition is applied to the play.

Comment

• I would agree with that...the interpretation is the issue...they error way too much on caution...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Nebraska Cornstrokers are a bunch of cheating bastages...every suspension well-deserved

Comment

• Still assraped Nebtaska by 35. Absolutely nobody will hang within 20 of OSU. If Fields plays they will put up 60 on UM.

Comment

• Fields will win the Hypesman. Dude is the best football player in the country. Period.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So how is this play not targeting B1G? At least be consistent with the arbitrary fucking bullshit targeting rule. That's all I'm asking. Fucking ruining CFB but if you are going to apply it...apply it across the board guys...
                Attached Files
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It just makes me giggle.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      Fields will win the Hypesman. Dude is the best football player in the country. Period.
                      Trevor Lawrence may have something to say about that before its over, but yeah. Fields is very good. I hope he enjoys playing in the NFL next year at this time.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Fields is better IMHO...but time will tell...hate to blow the whistle on this one...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There are some crazy ideas floating around about Ohio State's 2022 class. CRD, man. That dude is a dude. Of course, Froot will never admit it.

So, hopefully Ohio State can weather the 2019 shitfest recruiting class and the Era of Milton and survive with only 2 losses to M before the reinforcements are fully implemented.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Quinn Ewers, the #2 player in the 2022 class and #1 QB, has decommitted from Texas. Oh, he’s a Texas kid. Fuck off, Tom Herman! I love it.

It’s also quite possible his next commitment will be to CRD. Whether that’s his last, I dunno. But, LMFAO.

Comment

• Oh, and they’re going to get Caleb Burton, #1 WR out of Austin. Following in Garret Wilson’s shoes. Fuck you, Tom!

Comment

• Time to join the Big 12 and really fuck that asshat up...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X