Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised he's seriously considering the NFL. I thought he'd wait until a plum CFB job came open.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Similarities to John Beilein.... at the top of their games and want to test the waters of the pro game. UFM is driven, always has been. I respect that.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I didn’t realize Jacksonville was Flavor Town.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I predict a Pete Carroll level of success for UFM in the pros. Organizational skills, ability to spot talent coupled with the capacity to get players to perform are strong suits for both.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Well it's setup pretty well for Urbs...shitton of cap space and great draft situation...but a major rebuilding project...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He is going to win big in the NFL.

Comment

• We will see
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He's going to have to build/rebuild a Jaguars organization that once was poised to compete for championships, but has now been run into the ground. Can he build a winning NFL team? I guess we'll see. He's not going to be able to build it by walking into a kid's living room and flashing his NC rings. He's going to have to work within the draft and the free agent market. Its clear he recognizes talent when he sees it, but can he get it on his roster without giving up too much, and stay within the salary cap? And most importantly, does he have to be in complete agreement with his GM, or can the GM overrule his personnel decisions? Who makes the final decision on personnel?

The guy has proven he can coach. I don't think that will be an issue.

Off hand, I'd say that I expect him to do fairly well. He will certainly do better than the Lions organization, who are hiring two clowns that will get them nowhere.

Comment

• Nick Saban can coach too.

An illustrated guide to the recruiting visit at Nick Saban's house

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ck-saban-house

I guess Meyer has a ton of draft picks to build on.

Ash is joining Meyer, he also does not have prior NFL coaching experience. The NFL is a different animal, I guess the best would be Pete Carroll type success though Pete already was in the NFL for a few years even as a HC - he knew what he was getting into. These are grown men who are already have everything you can offer money/car/women, Harbaugh recruits education

Still wish he would have went to the Lions

Comment

• Happy MLK Day and, of course, Happy Tresel Day. A mere 19 years ago today, Coach Tressel promised we'd be proud of our young men most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan. And so we were.

The 2003 loss still pisses me off, and Braxton should have hit Posey in 2011, but whatever. 2 losses in 20 years is acceptable, especially when the 3 previous years they had lost 3. So, yeah.

Thank you, Coach Tressel.

Unfortunately, it appears that CRD is about to fritter away all that Coach Tressel and UFM have built. But, it was a good run.

Comment

• Well, you could be right. CRD met his first real obstacle to greatness v. Lord Saban and the mighty Bama horde and shit the bed, Sure, he lost key players leading up to and during the game but, FCS, OSU has a 3 deep full of 4*.

Comment

• Correct. It was embarrassing and portending.

Comment

• Alabama is a junior NFL team, when it comes to talent.

OSU, and Clemson are not far behind.

ND is, and always has been, a pretender.

Comment

• If ND is a pretender, what the hell is Michigan?

Comment

• ...... a failure. No solid M fan that I know hasn't acknowledged this.

Comment

Working...
                                X