Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I say something about M?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Olave returning is a nice surprise. Revising season prediction from 9-3 to possible 10-2.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bummer that Togiai goes. Back to 9-3.

Comment

• You guys gonna play Alabama 3 times or something?

Comment

• Well, they'll start a redshirt frosh QB to open the season at Minnesota and ROW THE BOAT!!!! and then return home to face the surging Ducks. It'll be a god-damned miracle if they win even one of those. The young 'uns should start to come around and hopefully they can dodge an upset after that -- well, at least through October. But then they have a November death march that takes them to Bloomington, to HARBAUGH!!!! and home against Penn State. Unlikely to survive those 3 unscathed.

I'm very bullish on the 2022 team and teams going forward after that. But, next year -- struggle bus. The defense will be average (hopefully!) and the only thing that can really save the season is if CJ Stroud emerges as a superstar (I think he'll be good, but his "superstardom" is a year away).

Comment

• Will someone please kill AA and Talent?

Thanks in advance.

Yer Pal,

THE_WIZARD_

Esq.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Try farting in their general direction, Wiz.

It may not kill them, but it will annoy the snot out of them.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Well, they'll start a redshirt frosh QB to open the season at Minnesota and ROW THE BOAT!!!! and then return home to face the surging Ducks. It'll be a god-damned miracle if they win even one of those. The young 'uns should start to come around and hopefully they can dodge an upset after that -- well, at least through October. But then they have a November death march that takes them to Bloomington, to HARBAUGH!!!! and home against Penn State. Unlikely to survive those 3 unscathed.

I'm very bullish on the 2022 team and teams going forward after that. But, next year -- struggle bus. The defense will be average (hopefully!) and the only thing that can really save the season is if CJ Stroud emerges as a superstar (I think he'll be good, but his "superstardom" is a year away).
                  We might not have a real season again.

Comment

• Well, that will make the game at Minnesota that much easier.

Comment

• Why wouldn't there be a real season again? The 2021 season is going to be a little iffy but by then a lot of the vaccines will be deployed. There might be small crowds in 2021 but it will start on time. By 2022 things should be back to normal.

Comment

• Haskell Garrett and Antwan Jackson will use their Covid year and return. That is enormous news because the DT situation was really thin otherwise. With Garrett and Jackson they have one very disruptive player and one guy who can at least play. Throw in Taron Vincent, Cage and whatever young 'un emerges and that's not terrible.

So, the LBs will be an open issue -- we'll see how Al Washington does getting a set of new starters ready to go. However, I think the talent at LB is fine. The secondary is where the talent issues really are. So, defensively they should have a very good DL and really dicey back 7. Which means CRD really needs to get CJ Stroud (or Jack Miller or Kyle McCord) into a spot where they can score 40 per game.

But, now that the defense shouldn't be a total disaster, I'll revise back up to a fingers crossed 10-2. if CRD can somehow survive the rapids of this season, 2022 and beyond should be open water.

Comment

• Which DL was the one twisting Najee’s leg at the goal line? That kid had some fire in his belly.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think Tuf Borland kept a hold of his leg w/o twisting it. But he was a LB.

Comment

• We're not beating Michigan in Ann Arbor. Harbaugh will have had two whole years to design a gameplan just for us. The shadow looms large.

Comment

• He held it and did a bit of a gator roll from what I remember. Part of being in a pile up and the stuff that happens until the refs can unpile. I played with a guy who would get his thumb under a cup and pinch the fuck outta the opponent’s balls. Very effective.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X