Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I've heard people bashing Stroud and maybe that's easier to do than bashing an entire unit. But the offense is good enough to win games, even if Stroud's going to make his mistakes. But you can't win every week with a mostly good but immature QB AND a suckass defense.

I'd need to rewatch the game (and I'm not in a hurry to) but someone pointed out to me that nearly all misdirection has been removed from the offense as compared to the past couple years. Another function of Stroud being too inexperienced to really do that stuff.

Comment

• And honestly, our track record in these big home non-conference games has not been good. Texas '05, USC '09, VT '14, Oklahoma '17, and now Oregon '21. As I remember even the 2012 game against a shitball Cal team was closer than it should have been. Most of our big OOC wins in the past 15 years have been on the road or at neutral sites.

Comment

• And a final random thought. I don't know if they ended up selling out but days before the game there were supposedly 10,000 tickets still available. Possibly there's some covid hesitancy there but it's also possible the powers-that-be have finally priced themselves above the market.

Comment

• I don't want to bash Stroud. He is a young and inexperienced QB starting for the first time in his college career this season. In 2022 and 2023, Ohio State will be set at QB as Stroud develops. Plus with Quinn Ewers in Stroud's shadow in the future... that's a good situation to have at QB.

Just saying, this is a VERY easy passing situation for Stroud with WRs that are consistently THAT wide open. The pass protection was mostly great yesterday until late in the 4th too.
          Yeah, the Ohio State running game wasn't good yesterday. Still doesn't take away with how incredible those WRs are for Ohio State.
          I'm not going to praise a QB if he has 6 seconds of clean pocket and hits a WR that wide open/ 5-6 yards away from the closest DB. John O'Korn could look amazing in this offense.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They lost to a decent team by 7 points that matched up well against their defense. Their offense will be among the best in the country before the end of the season. They're actually human on the defensive side, but I have no doubt that Superman has been summoned.

I remember a few years back, when the Green Bay Packers were struggling, even though they were one of the best teams in the league. Their fans were wringing their hands and crying 'woe is me", and all that. Aaron Rodgers went before the cameras and told everyone to chill out. The Packers went on and got into the NFC Championship game. This is a similar situation. Its a minor, fixable blip on the screen. Early losses are forgivable and forgetable. The selection committee still loves them.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• From 10k looking at OSU, I think you're wrong linesman. On D, LB play is troublesome and I've read some decent criticism of OSU's base defensive scheme. It revolves around putting players whose skill set doesn't match what they're being asked to do.

On offense, I think it's accurate to characterize that unit as one dimensional. Strength in the passing game and OSU can score points but Day seems to me to need rhthym and OSU's O is really good when Day has that. He's a great play caller when he does.

The Haskins comparison that Talent made is a good one. OSU's not going to beat teams at the top of their game passing the ball. There has to be the threat of a solid run game that works to spring a few big plays then pound the rock when the numbers are against it. M's in the same boat with what appears at this stage to be a weak passing game v. quality DBs. If it turns out receivers can't get open to allow McNamara some completions, M isn't going to win the games it needs to to return to respectability.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I'll get in to more discussion about M vs OSU a bit later on, but at this point of the season, if M played OSU next week, OSU would shut down M's running game, and OSU's passing game would torch M's secondary. It'd be another walk over win. November is still a long way off, and OSU has the talent to fix their problems. I don't think M can make the same claim.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• In case I wasn’t clear — the offense wasn’t perfect, but it was plenty good enough to win and is certainly not the problem.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm not sure what to make of OSU's offense after Saturday. Clearly, they are elite at WR. Stroud is also more of a normal 5* talent and not the once in a lifetime phenomenon that he was billed as. I'm surprised by how above average the RBs look. This might be the first time since Chris Perry was at Michigan where I feel like we have a better #1 guy than OSU.

Comment

• Is Michigan Monday ever coming back to the ozone?

Comment

• No.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Is Michigan Monday ever coming back to the ozone?
                          It's up at this link:

https://buckeyescoop.com/michigan-mo...o-crazy/?amp=1

It's still Tony German but I don't recognize the site. Not the Ozone that I would recognize ..... maybe Talent can elaborate.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• He now works for Buckeye Scoop.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• lol
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X