Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Flint used to be a great town...

or at least I'm told ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I heard you were the mayor...or town drunk...one of the two...can't recall...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What in the hell are people rushing the field for? That’s more embarrassing than the game itself

Comment

• One day you people will listen to me. (1) Penn State is still really good on defense; (2) Ohio State is still really not good on defense; (3) Penn State nearly ALWAYS plays OSU tough; and (4) CJ Stroud is still not ready to scale up against a really good defense.

Really happy to get out of that with a win. JFC.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Stroud will light up MSU'[s defense to the tune of 500 yards, easily. If Cade McNamara can burn them for 350, .. Stroud can get 500. And the W.

Comment

• Stroud threw for 305 yards on Penn State… probably the best defense in the Big Ten. That’s very good for Stroud.
              Potentially not scaling it up vs a Georgia defense. Ok, that’s a different story.

Ohio State has Nebraska, Purdue, MSU, and M left on the schedule.
              Nebraska appears to be done with FROST.
              Purdue has a sneaky good defense at times and probably is the most likely to upset OSU.
              MSU’s pass defense is crap. Should struggle against strong passing offenses like OSU, Purdue…
              M’s defense is now looking poor due to coaching and weak run defense.

Looks like another trip to the B10 Championship for OSU barring a miracle upset.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ohio State MAY win out. I don't know. But, it should be readily apparent that what I've been saying -- that there's a world of difference between murdering terrible teams and rolling good teams -- is 100% true. OSU is a good team. That MAY be enough to win out. I think they'll get pushed a lot over the next four weeks. They are not an elite team nor do they even have an elite offense.

Comment

• I was not impressed with Penn State's offense.

Comment

• Penn State can't run the ball. Can't do it. And, yet, Ohio State still allowed Clifford to pass all over the place. Some on some really nice throws by that cracked rib motherfucker; a lot on soft zone. But, look, I knew the defense was garbage. This wasn't particularly surprising though it was slightly worse than I thought it'd be.

The problem was Ohio State's offense. The OL got hamblasted in the first half and then merely beat in the second half -- WITHOUT MUSTIPHER. Penn State lined their corners up in man most of the night and dared OSU to beat them. The eventually got beat on a couple big plays, but by and large it was a total struggle bus night highlighting my biggest concern with Stroud -- he can't throw into them tight windows, yet. Again, it's one thing to have Olave/Wilson/JSN murdering a second/third string secondary of an already bad defense. Those are easy throws. He can make those all day. It's another to have a team with ballers step to and tell you to fuck the fuck off...make a fucking play. That's hard. And Stroud ain't there, yet. Nor, for that matter, is most of the offense.

I'm sure they'll score a bunch against UNL. And, hopefully keep UNL's offense somewhat in check. But, in the big picture, this was, still remains and will still remain a transition year team with the ceiling of B10 champs. And, most importantly, they can get got by Sparty, M...hell, Purdue, maybe UNL (if the train isn't off the rails). This ain't Death Machine OSU.
                    Last edited by iam416; October 31, 2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Oh, it’s still the Deathmobile. OSU is on a completely different level from the rest of the conference and only the top of the SEC can match it.

This weekend really made clear that the difference isn’t just in talent. It’s how that advantage is used when faced with adversity. While teams like Michigan (which is still a “good” team) find ways to lose, OSU keeps finding ways to win. Every time Penn State looked like they about to make things interesting, OSU would find a way to seize control again. Elite teams do that.

it’s boring and None of us are buying the sandbags.

Comment

• Buckeye's looked very good but not unbeatable, came away a lil more afraid of Penn State when they don't fumble the ball and gift the game away.

Buckeyes played about how I expected, not how I feared. Wouldn't be shocked if one of Sparty or M could steal a game from them.

Comment

• I felt like OSU wasn't even trying to disguise basically jailhouse blitzes. When the quarterback sees that their has to be hot reads to receiver in the vacated spaces. I didn't see that at all, McNamara is better than Clifford in that regard and I expect if OSU does that to Michigan, Michigan can do damage. But I'm sure OSU will see today's game and disguise the blitzes much better.

Comment

• There is no rational discussion regarding M vs OSU that results in Michigan winning. Its not a sane, defendable position.

If OSU was coached by a good-guy coach like Duffy Daugherty, who'd likely be satisfied with a 21-28 point spread, then I could see that happening. But, CRD still has a score to settle with Harbaugh, and I doubt that he'll let up even when the spread gets to 40 points. Stroud will be throwing downfield even with a 40 point lead.

Its going to be a rout.

And Harbaugh will be M's coach in 2022.

Comment

• The Eoyore approach is not that great.

Comment

• Please, sir. Tell me what YOU saw yesterday, that would cause you to think that Michigan has even a 1% chance of defeating OSU.

Take your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X