Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he'll go in the first ten picks as well. He's an excellent quarterback who has shown he can make all the throws. I think he has the potential to be even better than Fields in the NFL.

But, I've also seen some OSU fans telling him not to let the door hit him in the rear as he leaves. That Michigan thing gets ohioans pretty upset.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He may be a better passer than Fields. Fields, though, is definitely the better option for a team with a god-awful offensive line and no WR talent. That poor motherfucker has spent 2 full seaons running for his damn life.

Stroud ain't doing that, but I think he's a little better passer.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's odd back-to-back posts.
        Not really fans get their hopes up then when said player says "see ya going pro " and the idiot fans come out with 'don't need you anyway' posts.

Comment

• Saw today the Bier Stube is likely heading for the wrecking ball to be replaced by more generic apartments. Literally been there over 50 years and one of the only dive bars left near campus.

Comment

• Fucking hell -- seriously?

Comment

• RIP Dimitrious Stanley

Comment

• Yeah, fuck cancer. Way too young.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well here's a feel good story to cheer everyone up.

OHIO STATE KEEPS FINDING NEW WAYS TO LOSE DURING STRETCH OF 10 LOSSES IN 11 GAMES

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...es-in-11-games

Comment

• They stink. Possibly going to end up the worst team since Jim O'Brien's first year. It's hard to see more than 1 or 2 wins remaining given the schedule. And that's optimistic. I'll probably go see them get clobbered by Illinois in a couple weeks just to keep my streak of going to at least one game alive.

Comment

• Looks like multiple streaks could still be alive.

Comment

• 330808281_1699844713767543_6231721258574060276_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=N16xzRtsWV0AX8umHgt&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfCgSAU4vf_VGieXEruH3Tr3bxhQ5TRSvkqSxE5LDtCfIQ&oe=63EE44AC

Some of you will recognize our friend Paul S in this pic. For those who don't, just look for the shiny cue-ball head in the middle.
                        Handsome family. I've met both of his boys, but never his daughter. I believe the son on his left is a police officer in, .. is it Westerville? Something like that.
                        He posted this on his Facebook. Just thought those of you who know him might like to see an updated picture of him.
                        He needs to buy some Turtle Wax for that dome. Get a proper shine on there.
                        And of course, you Ohioans will approve of their choice of apparel ... :: blech ::
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• OSU cancels its home/home series with Washington scheduled for 2024 & 2025. Bummer. Was hoping to go to another game in Seattle. Assume having UCLA and USC in the conference affected this decision. We already have a game with Texas scheduled in 2025 but this leaves us with no high quality non-conference opponent in 2024.

Comment

• What’s particularly interesting about this is that it removes the biggest viewership draw the Pac-12 had to offer in a new media deal that is already drawing little interest (and associated dollars).

There is still the Covid-rescheduled Michigan appearance at UW on the schedule in 2027, but other than the bi-annual appearance of Notre Dame at Stanford, I don’t know that there is anything of value in that Pac-12 home inventory.

Comment

• Originally posted by DillonPGP View Post
                              What’s particularly interesting about this is that it removes the biggest viewership draw the Pac-12 had to offer in a new media deal that is already drawing little interest (and associated dollars).

There is still the Covid-rescheduled Michigan appearance at UW on the schedule in 2027, but other than the bi-annual appearance of Notre Dame at Stanford, I don’t know that there is anything of value in that Pac-12 home inventory.
                              I wasn't aware that the PAC 12 was currently negotiating their media rights deal. Hoo boy, it doesn't seem to be going well.

https://awfulannouncing.com/college-...-problems.html

FOX essentially said they have no interest and are content with their Big Ten and Big 12 deals. ESPN and the conference are $100s of millions apart and the two schools widely considered to be the replacements for USC and UCLA are San Diego State and SMU. Not good, Bob! Meanwhile, the Big 12 deal will hand out $32M per school which the PAC 12 won't come close to with their new deal. The next round of contraction might be the death knell for the PAC if/when Washington and Oregon join the Big Ten and Colorado and Utah bolt for the Big 12.

EDIT: CBS and Turner have also bowed out negotiations with the PAC 12. Seems they are down to Amazon and ESPN.
                              Last edited by Mike; February 16, 2023, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, the P12 w/o the LA schools is horrible. I mean, horrible. It's worse than the B12 and the B12 is horrible. But, at least you have teams playing in a time zone that good for TV. The ACC is merely bad, but they could, in theory, resuscitate itself a little if FSU and Miami climb out of the primordal ooze and return to consistent top 20, at least, form.

As for OSU canceling on Washington, I'm sure it's mostly about 2025. They're also carrying a pretty big COVID debt and had to borrow money from the University, So, they may be focused on recouping losses and paying that off and aren't interested giving away a home game to a team like Washington.

I mean, their OoC is currently -- ND, Texas, Alabama, Georgia and then Oregon and BC, both of which I'm skeptical will happen. But, the point is that giving up a home game is ok if you're doing it for boss ass games.

2024 has the makings of a HARBAUGH!!!ian schedule. God-willing, that'll be enough to get the 2nd place East team in the expanded CFP.

Comment

Working...
                                X