Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking forward to next week's discussion about the '15 class. But I worry about the future. By 2016 there will be no open spots for a decade. Once Urban Meyer craps out and pretends to retire for good before going to USC where he can finally cheat in peace, what are we gonna talk about?

Comment

• Meyer won't have to go that far. Nick Saban is due to move on soon, and Bama will be waiting with open arms. Or, maybe the Mad Hatter will crap out at Ellis Ewe, and Oscar Meyer can head down there ....
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oscar will have another heart palpitation and run back to the south...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He'd be scary at Clemson. No real competition in the ACC and $omehow they recruit like crazy despite being bad every year.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• We all know M has long directed football players into kinesiology and even reserved spots in that program from incoming athletes. I guess it became so shameful they had to re-brand their herding process to General Studies.

The Times Higher Education release of its World University Rankings for 2011-2012 to see how the United States stacked up against universities around the world. One may argue methodology to a degree but hard to find fault with the most competent and thorough Brits.

I guess Michigan should consider themselves lucky that "THE" never spoke with Urban Meyer or got their hands on the moronic NCAA APR?!? bawaahhhhh! Assclowns.

Top 25 The Best Universities In The World: Times Higher Education List

WORLD RANK INSTITUTION COUNTRY / REGION
            1 California Institute of Technology United States
            2 Harvard University United States
            3 Stanford University United States
            4 University of Oxford United Kingdom
            5 Princeton University United States
            6 University of Cambridge United Kingdom
            7 Massachusetts Institute of Technology United States
            8 Imperial College London United Kingdom
            9 University of Chicago United States
            10 University of California Berkeley United States
            11 Yale University United States
            12 Columbia University United States
            13 University of California Los Angeles United States
            14 Johns Hopkins University United States
            15 ETH Z?rich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Z?rich Switzerland
            16 University of Pennsylvania United States
            17 University College London United Kingdom
            18 University of Michigan United States
            19 University of Toronto Canada
            20 Cornell University United States
            21 Carnegie Mellon University United States
            22 University of British Columbia Canada
            22 Duke University United States
            24 Georgia Institute of Technology United States
            25 University of Washington United States

If you are not ranked in the Top 50, you really don't matter so get over it.

The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2011-2012 list the best global universities and are the only international university performance tables to judge world class universities across a
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 27, 2012, 03:22 PM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Hence M's shame. Their long history of ignoring academics for their football players is particularly shameful in view of that. It's particularly embarrassing that M does such a piss poor job of educating its football players in view of its reputation.

What's rather hilarious is that even though M funnels football players into shameful the Kinesiology cum General Studies "field", they still have an embarassing APR.

Now, of course, other Universities on that list -- Stanford, Duke, Northwestern -- top their conferences in APR. Unfortunately for OSU, it's in the same conference as a true academic powerhouse--NW-- so OSU only finishes 2nd in the conference, despite being in the top 5 nationally.
              Last edited by iam416; July 27, 2012, 03:32 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Move over Higgs Boson!

You guys will soon catch a break just as soon as they get wind of the Bucknut "Family Resource Management" or "Sports & Leisure Studies" programs.

Insignificant school on the Olentangy River no more I tell yah!
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 27, 2012, 03:43 PM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• "there is no way you can fail. Even if you're giving minimal effort there is no way you can fail."

Comment

• Albert Einstein, Leonardo Da Vinci, Stephen Hawking, Plato, Urban Meyer, Wolfgang Amedeus Mozart, Sir Isaac Newton, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, Ben Franklin, Charles Darwin, Aristotle…….

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                      Albert Einstein, Leonardo Da Vinci, Stephen Hawking, Plato, Urban Meyer, Wolfgang Amedeus Mozart, Sir Isaac Newton, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, Ben Franklin, Charles Darwin, Aristotle??.
                      don't forget the Senator!

Comment

• Urban Meyer doesn't belong in that list!!! He's much smarter than the rest of those guys.

Comment

• The truth apparently really, really, really stings. http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/acad...slots_for.html

LOL. LOL. LMAO.

I love it.
                          Last edited by iam416; July 27, 2012, 07:58 PM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Embarrassing

Comment

• I'm going to ignore you two because clearly neither of you read the entire article.

Let's say were going to compare academic rigor at M and osu. 1 is the lowest level of academic rigor and 10 the highest.

On a scale of 1/10, athletes attending osu are entering academic programs at a level of 3 and graduating at a 3.5.

At Michigan they are entering at a level of 4 and graduating at a level of 6 or higher.

Are they intellectual and academic stars? No, but Michigan has a terrific record about caring about this sort of thing and discussing it openly. Show me where osu has publicly aired discussions like this about academic programs for football and basketball players that are this open and forthright .... where there are academics on staff who actually care about improving the lot of (academically disadvantaged) football players who might enter very challenging academic circumstances while reading at a 6th grade level?

osu? unless you can show me a comparable discussion involving osu profs who, it would appear, do nothing more than pass their football and basketball player charges through less than rigorous academic programs to merely keep them eligible to win baby win, you both can go eat a big bowl of dick.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Terrelle "Everybody Murders" Pryor - Academic All American.

Comment

Working...
                                X