Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty...2020&view=team
    Reminds me of the officiating bias against Harbaugh.

Comment

• WWCAW
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Isn’t that what you’re claiming re: Brady’s opponents?

Comment

• The NFL is getting strong on the vaccination front. For the 2021 season, any team that causes a game to be canceled due to a Covid outbreak will forfeit that game and be handed a loss. The opposing team will receive a W. If the outbreak is from unvaccinated players, all the players from BOTH teams will lose their game check.

So far only 14 of the 32 teams have reached the 85% threshold at which point they don't have to go through daily testing and hotel lockdowns on the road. Two teams are still below 50% with a week until training camp.

Comment

• My news feeds this morning are full of reports of the shifting political winds towards mandated vaccinations ..... or at least mechanisms that are either coercive or involve recieving something in return to get you there. The NYT's had a decent piece looking at the states with the previously lowest vax rates and now having embarrassingly high numbers of new cases attributed to Delta. R Governors who have opposed any kind of government mandates during the pandemic are urging but not planning on mandating vaccinations. You know the story on schools - they're doing it and always have. The elevation of the dire consequences narrative seems to be influencing people to get vaxed in these high infection rate state's FL is one of them.

Desantis is a lone hold out, although I think TX has done something similar, having issued an EO then shepherded legislation through the FL house and senate to get a law to his desk for signing banning vaccination mandates of any kind in the state of FL. He's getting pilloried. The loudest critical voices of his policy are coming from cruise industry supporters. Obviously that industry is huge in FL and contributes something like 30% to FL's GDP. Norwegian Cruise lines that wants to comply with the CDC's requirement that cruise ships sail with 95% of guests and 98% of crewmembers be vaccinated has sued in Federal District Court on the grounds that the FL law is intrusive and unconstitutional.

The other major lines have come up with unique ways to get around the FL law using the coercive sort of approach I mention above to get guests to vaccinate. Royal Caribbean, for example asks you if you'll provide proof of vaccination. If you are willing, fine, you're good to go. If you don't want to volunteer that information or aren't vaccinated, you face a mountain of restrictions while on board that are unpleasant and mark you with a big "Scarlet Letter." RCL says they "manage" bookings to achieve a 95% vax rate among guests. Carnival does the same thing except they are pretty upfront about the process. If you aren't vaxed or don't want to disclose your vax status, you get put in a lottery pool. The company then identifies the baseline number of vaxed guests to get to 95% and then picks from the lottery pool who doesn't get to cruise. It's not at all popular so, people who aren't vaxed won't book.

This whole debate about mandated vaxing isn't new. It pits freedom of choice, a corner stone of American democracy, against government responsibility and authority to protect the public health. The courts have sided with the later in most instances that I am aware of. My take on the right approach is not to mandate vaccinations (or anything else involving PHE's) at a federal or state government level but leave it to businesses and organizations to decide how they want to provide a safe, non-discriminatory workplace for employees and customers under the provisions of the EEOC. That usually results in more choices for citizens. There will be places that don't mandate anything and places that mandate stuff in varying degrees. You choose where you want to go or work.

The counter argument is that that results in patchwork application of mandates. I don't care about that. What it does do is allow freedom of choice and decreases intrusive government actions.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Quinn Nordin looked like Justin Tucker on Thursday for the Patriots. 3-3 FGs. Missed a PAT. These FG attempts were right down the middle and from distance.

Hearing positive news about DPJ, Nico Collins, and Chris Evans.

Funny all of these former Wolverines are looking good elsewhere. Joe Milton is totally going to be incredible at Tennessee, right? 🤣
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm happy and cheering for these former M players. I think Nico and DPJ will do well if not be stars. Evans is solid. Wish them all the best.

What's more important to me is that M players doing well in the NFL absolutely condemns Jim Harbaugh and his staff. It's both frustrating and sad.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• What's more important to me is that M players doing well in the NFL absolutely condemns Jim Harbaugh and his staff.
                  Its what happens when you try to make players fit a program, rather than fit the program to the players. You don't use a Lamborghini to drive to Dollar General.

I'm really rooting for Chris Evans. He's a kid who made some mistakes, acknowledged it, worked his butt off, and got back on the team. Covid took away any opportunity to complete his comeback. Maybe he can do that in the NFL.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Bye bye Cam Newton. The Patriots cut Cam Newton today, clearing the way for Mac Jones to become the starter.

The Patriots are releasing Cam Newton, and Mac Jones will be the starting quarterback, sources told ESPN.

Two thoughts:

1. Cam Newton has never been the MVP player he once was since the Super Bowl game he lost. He's been more focused on his wardrobe and hairstyle than becoming a better QB. JMO.

2. I've been impressed with Mac Jones for some time now. This is not a big surprise. The kid can play.

Comment

• shaddup
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Didn't Mac have some hits back in the 70's? Wasn't he on North Dallas 40?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's Mac Davis... you nimrod ...

Comment

• Shit. I knew it was Mac something.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X