The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Oh yes, nothing more beautiful than the (triple) option when working. Dr Tom flashbacks?

Yes... It's poetry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• So Mississippi State turned out to be fairly overranked, yes?

1) Played nothing but cupcakes OOC, like always

2) Soared into the #1 spot by virtue of beating LSU, Texas A&M, and Auburn in consecutive weeks. Each of those teams was a bit of a fraud themselves. At the time of the game, all three were ranked in the Top 10 (because SEC!). So Mississippi State was given credit for beating a 'Top 10' three weeks in a row, even though they really beat run-of-the mill 4 and 5 loss teams. Not easy wins but not the sort of wins that would normally cause a team to vault to #1 ahead of other undefeated teams (the fastest rise to #1 in NCAA history if I recall correctly)

But this is the SEC where EVERY win is a Top 10 win

Comment

• GT ...... A masterful demonstration of why the small, usually quick DL and LBs typical of these spready teams, are no match-up for teams running any semblance of a well executed (I.e., Paul Johnson play book) power run game.

Johnson, does not use a play sheet. He calls the offense from what's happening with each play. It was nice seeing MSU not be able to stop the dive play through the A gap with the option for the QB to keep and go outside. Johnson called this play over and over again with a few variations and a a nice pass came producing a couple of big plays to the TE that MSU did not appear to be prepared for.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          So Mississippi State turned out to be fairly overranked, yes?

1) Played nothing but cupcakes OOC, like always

2) Soared into the #1 spot by virtue of beating LSU, Texas A&M, and Auburn in consecutive weeks. Each of those teams was a bit of a fraud themselves. At the time of the game, all three were ranked in the Top 10 (because SEC!). So Mississippi State was given credit for beating a 'Top 10' three weeks in a row, even though they really beat run-of-the mill 4 and 5 loss teams. Not easy wins but not the sort of wins that would normally cause a team to vault to #1 ahead of other undefeated teams (the fastest rise to #1 in NCAA history if I recall correctly)

But this is the SEC where EVERY win is a Top 10 win
          The danger for CFB is ESPN having such a heavy investment in the SEC. Sure, the ranking system is supposed to be conference neutral but it sure didn't appear to me to be that way.

I'm not rooting for the buckeyes, but your boys had better beat Bama for the sake of CFB.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We need you, Buchanan. We need every bit of mojo we can possibly get...to keep it within 3 scores.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You would think more teams would run that offense. It is a bitch to prepare if you don't play it often. Even in high school you don't see it all that often. It is a much easier read for the QB than the reads he has to make in a spread option.

GT has found a way to incorporate a good passing game. The knock was you were screwed if you fell behind because it was hard to pass.

It baffles me that Nebraska has shown little interest in returning to that style of football. It was the perfect formula for them. I wonder if they even thought about Johnson.

Comment

• Imagine Paul Johnson with good facilities and access to some recruiting talent. Scary.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Picks:
                  Wisconsin, Baylor, Mizzu, OSU, and FSU.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You got one wrong

Comment

• He got more than one wrong.

Auburn, Baylor, Mizzou, Oregon and Alabama.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; January 1, 2015, 12:16 PM.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'll say Auburn, Baylor, Minny, OSU, Oregon.

Comment

• Yer too nice
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The best part about today is one of OSU and Bama will suffer a crushing defeat.

Comment

• Can anyone rationally explain why Rico Stave ever throws a pass in this game? I mean, other than to allow Auburn to win.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Do spartie fans take solace in watching their guys lose to the team Nike copied their Special Uniforms off of?

Comment

Working...
                                X