No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If conferences are already going to conference-only play then the dominoes aren't as tightly connected.

Comment

• Sad news. Ragin Cajun OL coach DJ Looney had a massive heart attack at practice this morning and passed away. He was only 31

He played OL at Mississippi State and had been a GA for Dan Mullen

Comment

• RIP

Damn and Jamie Samuelsen Passes Away At Age Of 48 of Cancer. He has been on the radio here and TV since he graduated college. I met him a few times and must say he was a good person, easy to talk too, shit he was just on TV the last Sunday sports update I watched.

Comment

• At least 28 Rutgers players and several team staff members have covid

Comment

• Cool...Huskers open up at Rutgers...I smell a forfeit win! There will be dancing in the streets in Lincoln!!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Prob saw yesterday or tdoay that Div II and Div III have canceled national tournaments for all fall sports

Saw just a bit ago that the Big Sky is canceling football. That's one of the best conferences in FCS

Comment

• Now only 5 out of 13 FCS conferences are still playing football in the fall:

Missouri Valley
                Southern
                Southland
                Ohio Valley
                Big South

Comment

• The more data that I see, the more obvious it becomes that cancelling sports is a panicked overreaction.

Comment

• yep
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Colorado State suspends all football related activities to investigate racism and physical abuse.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• MAC cancels football. Might try in the spring.

Hope they’re wrong but seeing some unhappy rumors this morning. The season is very much in jeopardy

Comment

• The BigTen has an emergency meeting today. Supposedly.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• On a Saturday, doesn't sound good.

Comment

• Earlier, not sure if Friday evening or this morning, the BT announced no padded practices would be allowed. I have no idea what this was based on - the data and the math that data supports exceedingly low risk for players to die or, for that matter get seriously ill during the pandemic. It says, play football. I did some figuring with the data Hannibal posted then adding some of mine and calculated that 15-24yo's have a about a 2% risk of serious illness from COVID. In this case players would recover from that serious ilness, not die from it. If you compare that kind of risk to an otherwise healthy person in that age group, there is about a 2% risk of getting seriously injured and hospitalized for that injury for that person carrying out routine ADLs.

The person that I was having this conversations with pointed out that BT decision makers are not going to go back to the math. This is all about appearances. The only thing holding them back from pulling the plug on the 2020 season is not wanting to be the first Power-5 conference to do it.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Two sports reporters I follow, Pat Forde and Brett McMurphy, both claimed to have had off the record conversations with sources with the same message: the season is toast. Expected that every conference would cancel by this time next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X