No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Oct. 2, 1970, Wichita State lineman Mal Kimmel boarded a plane with his teammates for their game against Utah State. They never arrived. This is the story of the crash, and what happened after.

Comment

• Nice article.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good game going on between TCU and Texas. It's 29-26 Longhorns with 7 minutes left in the 4th and TCU getting the ball inside the 50 after stopping the Longhorns and forcing a punt.

Rooting for TCU ..... only because Herman and Ashe are coaching Texas.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• TCU goes ahead 33-29 3:51 left ...... Ashe's defense get's schooled on a QB option keeper by TCU.

Followed by huge play by Texas to the TCU 1 .....

Followed by a Texas fumble at the TCU goal line.

TCU's ball.

Wow.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 3, 2020, 02:52 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Crazy game. TCU with a 4 point lead + the ball ... 2:32 left.
            Sure TCU will go 3 and out, punt, and Texas scores a game winning TD like last week.

Hope not. GO TCU.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ha! TCU executed the strategy I was hoping they would do to end the game ... intentionally hold the Texas players to run out the clock.

Ravens did this vs the Bengals a few years ago. SMART SMART SMART.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• TCU runs the clock down and takes a safety to win 33/31. Weird ending though. Did the refs make the right call?

TCU was called for holding on the play that resulted in the safety. First referee call was that there will be one untimed TCU play form half the distance to the goal from the previous spot before the safety.

Then that was changed to Safety ends the game. Game over. I think the second call was correct but have never seen that circumstance come up.

Wiz, Liney?

Comment

• Because I'm paying attention to this stuff for you ...... Darryl K Royal Stadium in Austin had a pretty sizeable crowd in attendance to watch Tom Herman lose AGAIN to Gary Patterson who is 6-2 v. Texas and an outstanding modern day football coach. Great option to Harbaugh should Jim decide to go back to where he might be more successful - the NFL, or home.

Got off track ....... Texas announced in early September that stadium capacity would be reduced to 25% and fans would enter through assigned gate access and wear masks. Public Health and university medical officials thought the risk of letting 25% stadium capacity - around 20K - into Texas' opening game last week was too risky. The rules for attendance were changed but I've had a hard time tracking those rules down.

The announcers for the game today revealed that fans in attendance were tested on Thursday and if negative were given access to a ticket for the game but only if they had purchased the Big Ticket Package that includes tix for all sports. Then they were tested again on entry (don't know how or by what means). If negative they were allowed in. Last week something like 3K fans showed up, got tested and almost one thousand tested positive in pre-game tests and were turned away!

There were more fans in the stands today than that - a lot more. I saw lots of masks but the announcers said everyone of them that came in had tested negative. IOW a bubble of sorts. It's not clear to me how many tests attendees received and if one was administered on game day as a requirement for entry and who paid for them. I'll be watching for protocols and results this coming week. It will be in the media and one that is much more friendly to Texas and Governor Abbot, also a big reopening advocate, than they are with Desantis.

Comment

• Then that was changed to Safety ends the game. Game over. I think the second call was correct but have never seen that circumstance come up.
                    My understanding is that they got it right on the 2nd call. I'm not sure how they came up with that first call. This is why replay, and the R having communications with the booth can be helpful. Someone obviously buzzed him and said, "You called WHAT??!!!" The original intent behind replay was to correct errors, not micro-officiate. In this instance, it worked out correctly.

Wiz may have more to say about it.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• SMU!!

Comment

• #24 Pitt and #25 Memphis lost... could lead to Minnesota being a top 25 team.
                        Potential two top 25 teams matchup of M vs Minnesota! Neat.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• So where is RichRod nowadays?

Comment

• As far as I know, he was not retained when Kiffin took over Ole Miss and is not coaching this year. He’s only 57 but that’s gotta be like 84 in RichRod years.

Comment

• Yeah his wikipedia page doesn’t show him doing anything.

Comment

• Ehlinger sucks. How is that guys a Heisman candidate?

Comment

Working...
                                X