No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and sprinkle in a little Georgia and the joke pretender Oklahoma (not this year though).
    What's new? That absolute worst thing about college football right now... a few elite teams at the top that RARELY lose in the regular season, then everyone else.

Florida State didn't show up in the 2nd half and they somehow luck out with the win. 2 missed FGs, bonehead mistake one after another, and Jordan Travis getting injured.
    UNC choked on the last drive with three straight dropped passes to end the game.

Nonetheless, UNC ranked #5 was hilariously wrong.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think Clemson is probably better than anyone else, at this point of the season.

We haven't seen the team from Columbus yet, but if they are as good as the hype, maybe they could challenge Clemson for the top spot. To be determined.

Georgia isn't going away any time soon. Kirby Smart has that program producing some good to great players, and there is no sign of them weakening any time soon.

Alabama is Alabama. As long as Saban is there, they are always going to live in the top five in the country.

After those four, you could probably take 10 other teams, shake them up in a bag, dump them out, and put them in any order you like. Michigan could work its way into that group but they have a very tough schedule, and a lot of inexperience in key areas.

Big Ten kicks off next week. Pac 12 the following week.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hugh Freeze will have a better job next year.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Desmond Howard said on Twitter he has tested positive for COVID-19 and will be on College GameDay from home Saturday.

Comment

• I didn't realize the Clemson - Notre Dame game was next week. Lawrence is really up against it, timing-wise. Sounds like the earliest he could be cleared would be the morning of the game. Another fraudulent ND team making the playoff/title game is certainly befitting 2020, though.

Comment

• Well look at it this way. If Lawrence doesn't get ND now, he will get them later.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ah. I just looked it up and the ACC isn't doing separate divisions this year. The CCG will match the two teams with the best records based on conference winning percentage. So there would likely be a rematch anyway if ND wins next week. And Clemson will beat them by 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I didn't realize the Clemson - Notre Dame game was next week. Lawrence is really up against it, timing-wise. Sounds like the earliest he could be cleared would be the morning of the game. Another fraudulent ND team making the playoff/title game is certainly befitting 2020, though.
                  Of course Trevor Lawrence will find some way to play in that game vs ND in 8 days. It's a potential loss if Lawrence is absent.
                  The Clemson vs Boston College game tomorrow? Nah, they don't need Lawrence ... it's insignificant. Clemson still wins by ~40.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think they can beat ND without him anyway. Even if they lose, they’ll get a rematch in the CCG and hammer them. Clemson’s backup QB is a true freshman but he was the #1 overall recruit in his class so it’s not like they’re throwing John O’Korn out there... or Wilton Speight out there.... or Brandon Peters out there... or Shea Patterson our there... or Dylan McCaffery our there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Of course Trevor Lawrence will find some way to play in that game vs ND in 8 days. It's a potential loss if Lawrence is absent.
                      The Clemson vs Boston College game tomorrow? Nah, they don't need Lawrence ... it's insignificant. Clemson still wins by ~40.
                      Lol and Boston College leads Clemson 28-13 at half. Let’s see how Clemson comes back and wins...
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bama is off this week, but there are some great games amongst ranked teams out there:

Florida, Georgia (-5)

Clemson (-6-5), Notre Dame

Michigan (-3), Indiana

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Lots of championship implications on that list.

Comment

• None of them involve Michigan and I think that's your point. Heh.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Man, if ND beats Clemson without Marcia Brady, and the two meet in the ACCCG, and Clemson wins a close one with Trevor, and those are those two teams only losses, they will both be in the CFP.

And it wouldn’t t surprise me if that’s how it plays out. Not sure how I feel having two ACC teams in the CFP.

Comment

• I’m pretty sure I know how everyone feels about 2 ACC teams in the playoff. I’m sorry, 2 “ACC” teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X