No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the recruiting riches of that state...and Lord Urban's recruiting moxy...holy shit it's fucking scary...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And some of the better coaches at Texas have not only locked down Texas, but they've sniped away talent from Oklahoma and some of the SEC states. Meyer could do that as well.

Over/under on the number of years he'd be there would have to be about 6. Or until his wife catches him messing with a coed again ...
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Seems like UFM is going to end up at Texas. That will likely hurt OSU’s chances at a killer 2022 class and may cost them some valuable staff. Bah.

The cyst headaches looked pretty real in 2018.
        New info?

All that I have seen is message board speculation.

I'm not surprised. You can't keep somebody as passionate about football as Urban Meyer away from the game.

Comment

• I would still classify it as "speculation" but it's the kind of stuff that I think ends up becoming real. I never thought he'd got to USC. Ever. I think he's going to Texas and I feel pretty confident about that.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hope he stays in the booth. Bama gets a lot of Texas kids.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I hope that he goes to Tejas. He can maybe finally take a few 5* guys away from OSU.

Comment

• Hateful.

Comment

• This is pretty awesome. #13 BYU and #18 Coastal Carolina actually rescheduled this week to play each other. Props to them.
                  Might be the best college football game this weekend.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cool.

Too bad the B1G is too enlightened to allow such an arrangement.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It would be a goddamn shame for the B10 leadership to execute a rational thought. Or, I guess, even have one in the first place. They're batting 1.000 -- why spoil it?

Comment

• So, I think UFM will end up at UT, but I also think this is probably his Rubicon. I think the one school he'd probably coach for certain is Notre Dame, but BK is entrenched there. He won't coach another B10 team. Apparently he doesn't want to coach USC. So, it's pretty much Texas.

I don't think he can pass on the opportunity to win MNCs at 3 different schools. I'm not sure he'd get there, but I am sure he'd dominate the B12. Well, eh -- I dunno -- I think Reilly coaches offense better than him and has a headstart. Still, UFM is a badass who rarely loses to rivals. I mean, his record in rivalry games is fucking astounding. So, yes, dominate. But, dominating the B12 only gets you within 3 scores of the SEC Champ (at best). That's the problem.

Comment

• Maybe Brian Kelly will kill another kid. They’d have to fire him, right?

Just kidding. Kelly could blow up an orphanage and make a jacket with the leather from the dead kids’ backs while burning puppies in a Big Green Egg and he’d get an extension and a raise.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Don’t know if true but they say Texas has moved on from Urban:

Comment

• That's not what that says. It says UT is determined to find out if UFM will coach again and the only person who can answer that question is UFM. So, you know -- two obvious facts.

Comment

• Now, Pete Thamel just put out an omnibus article on 2020/2021 coaching carousel. It's pretty widely known that Thamel and UFM are close and, in most situtations, if Thamel writes about UFM he is not really opining.

In that article, his money sentence: "If UFM passes on Texas as expected." That's worth paying attention to, at least based on precedents.

Comment

Working...
                                X