The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rules -

Teams will now be forced to go for a 2-point conversion starting in the second overtime period. If a game is still tied after the second overtime, teams will engaged in a 2-point conversion shootout, the same as NHL SO games are decided with penalty shots (dumb). Oh and cracked down on taunting >>>> more ...come on! And uniform violations? This is not the NFL.

Regarding players faking injuries. Schools and conferences may now request a postgame video review from the NCAA secretary-rules editor and/or national coordinator of officials if it believes players faked injuries. No coaches who enter the field or exit the team area to debate calls.
    Last edited by WingsFan; April 22, 2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• The OT rule sounds dumb as fuck.

Comment

• Former Hawaii star, Colt Brennan dead at 37. He led their best team of all time, the one that made it to the Sugar Bowl against Georgia.

His life was pretty much downhill after that. He didn't see any playing time his rookie year for the Redskins but may have in his second before tearing his ACL in the preseason. He was never on a permanent NFL roster again. Shortly after that, he was in a serious car accident that left him with a brain injury and (apparently) a changed personality. Had no impulse control any more and would be arrested numerous times for DUIs and drug use over the next decade. He had apparently been in rehab for five months when he died.

“You talk about Tiger Woods, you talk about Tom Brady, you talk about LeBron James, he was that popular in the state of Hawaii."

Comment

• Virginia Tech freshman linebacker Isi Etute has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder. Just a horrible story, and from what I understand, it's going to get darker, if that's possible.

Comment

• So for those who missed it, it sounds like the playoff is probably going to 12 teams, with 4 teams (conference champs only) getting a bye.

Comment

• Meh. So -- what -- 12 games, a CCG, and potentially four playoff games for some teams? That's seventeen in case you're counting. They can get rid of a regular season game, but that just means 33% fewer non-conference games for everyone, in an era where good non-conference games are already an endangered species.

This has been inevitable for a while now. People love their post season tourneys.

Comment

• I love having the 5-12 seeds play on campus at the higher seed. CBS has a breakdown of what these matchups would have been and, somewhat surprisingly, there were more than a few clunkers because of the mid-major types like Boise, Cincy, UCF and last year Coastal Carolina. BUT we would have had both Florida and Florida State travel to Ann Arbor, Florida, USC, and Washington at Wisconsin, Penn State at Notre Dame, ND and USC, Florida State at ND, and Colorado at Oklahoma. That's a lot of Florida and FSU traveling to Big Ten country in January. Those would be some of the most anticipated games of all time.

Comment

• I'd like to see a couple of provisions added.

1. All playoff qualifiers must play at least one (1) non-conference road game

2. Wins vs "subdivision" teams do not count in your win total for playoff purposes. Get rid of Alabama A&T and Delaware State. Play the big boys.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think the non-con road game idea is silly. So, teams schedule a game at FIU or Tulane and use it to qualify for the playoffs and as a recruiting bone (“Come see girls in thongs on South Beach as we play a tough FIU team!” or “Party in the French Quarter the night before we suit up against the Green Wave!”)?

A much, much better requirement would be overall SOS. If it’s top 10, you get you get a couple of bumps toward being selected. If it’s 11-25, you get one bump. If it’s over 50, you’re penalized. If it’s over 100, you’re not eligible.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My dear sir, please shaddup

Comment

• Dr. Wizlove, I presume?
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• heh
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Marc Richt announced on FB that he's been diagnosed with Parkinsons. He called it a "light affliction" then went on a rant about the glory of God who will give us a body free of disease when we take the eternal dirt nap and ascend to enter heaven through the pearly gates.

Richt coached U of Miami after Golden was fired. He coached for 3y and then, at the top of his game, announced he was retiring. He's currently an ESPN analyst.

He also coached UGA before that until the Bull Dog fans got tired of Alabama beating the shit out of them. He was highly visible when he coached UGA. I was full time in Atlanta then and really liked him. Solid coach, great American. Thought he was a lot like LC.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Terry Donahue died yesterday. I wouldn't have guessed off the top of my head that he has the record for most Pac12 wins all-time. 5 conference titles and won the Rose Bowl 3 times.

Donahue has the most wins (98) of any football coach in Pac-12 history and the most victories (151) in UCLA history.

Comment

• And away we go…

Miami booster offers $540,000 NIL endorsement deal to all Hurricanes scholarship football players

Dan Lambert said in an interview with CaneSport that he is offering Miami's 90 scholarship football players $500 monthly contracts to help promote his well-known American Top Team mixed martial arts training academies, most of which are scattered throughout the state. Players can earn up to $6,000 a year by promoting the gyms through social media, personal appearances and other marketing tactics.

It’s about damn time.

Comment

Working...
                                X