No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But, to be honest, I would like it more if Pete Golding got a look or two.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The number of slam dunk hire coaches is very, very small. It's why Saban and Meyer's names always come up, for whatever reason they gave an aura that they were going to be successful anywhere they went early on in their career. Carroll was an interesting case, he was viewed as a head coaching prodigy when he was DC for Coslet but he stumbled early before finding his footing with USC and then Seattle.

Every time one of these high profile jobs open up, people compile these lists of the hot names and the vast majority of these coaches would be better off staying put. Of all the jobs the relative lack of successful coaches is always puzzling. I get why some of these guys have failed, but it seems like it has less obstacles than other programs like Michigan, Notre Dame and Texas might have.

Comment

• Personally, I'm more interested in the availability of competent DCs.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I read that USC has had one top 10 ranked recruiting class in the last decade. Helton has not been a good recruiter. In 2022 they're not in the top 25. Helton might have the skill set to manage USC's football program (the CEO analogy applies) but with the talent gap widening between USC and the rest of the top programs in the PAC-12, he wasn't going to succeed.

Not sure a top name is going to want to jump into a situation like that. UFM is probably the best name on the list that could turn recruiting around in 2y. Fickel? Meh. My son, who follows the NFL closely (not that he likes the NFL, he just likes Fantasy Football) thinks he's going to be available soon.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• College football jokes, Week 2: Ohio State is the Main Character (usatoday.com)

Comment

• What's the difference between an OSU fan and a bucket of shit?

The bucket.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• USC hiring Eric Bieniemy would be one of the more entertaining options. Hope USC picks Bieniemy just to see what happens. Range of outcomes from awful to a big hit IMO. Risky.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He will wait for an opportunity in the NFL...I don't see this happening.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I could see the AD wanting to hire Bieniemy. I could also see him not getting past the university administration. I think Wiz is right(and there's something you don't get to say all that often)-- Bieniemy's more likely an NFL head coach next year than the USC head coach.
                    Last edited by JRB; September 14, 2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Keep your friends close and your Bieniemys closer.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• horrible
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Someone please shove a frozen drummette into Alabam"Alum"'s ceasely gaping maw and straight down his gullet. Sideways.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lane Kiffin 2.0 and Eric Bieniemy. Those are my two favorite options for USC so far.

Jack Del Rio would be boring. It’s a Mike Sherman hire basically.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don’t think they would consider Lane. I would love to have him out of the SEC, though.

Comment

Attached Files
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X