No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M had ZERO CHANCE of winning the national title if the B10 rules were different.That’s what I said. THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER PLAYED ALABAMA. And the winner of 1v2 wins it all. ZERO CHANCE.

You can lie about what I said and try to save your historically illiterate bullshit. That’s your best option, I guess. But, if I said that then quote me.

My statement above is absolute fact. If you accept reality.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Anyway, M has as many national titles in the last 70+ years as BYU, though theirs was undisputed,

I’m sure if things were just more fair M wins way more because when the rules changed they won so many more. Good stuff.

Comment

• It was only undisputed if you ignore the many bad calls against the Wolverines in the Holiday Bowl.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Just to make sure, my first to posts — zero chance even rules were different but OSU/M might have been better. But zero chance after the tie. Pretty clear.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Well, the point, obviously, is that M wasn’t winning a national title in 1973 regardless of whatever the B10 did or if they changed the rules on bowls. Zero chance.
            Right. Which was zero. Because in 1973 the coaches poll had already awarded Alabama the national title BEFORE the bowl game and #1 UAT and #2 Notre Dame played in the Sugar.

Ohio State obliterated USC 42-17.

There's a definite case to be made that OSU and M were the two best teams in the country. But the tie cost each absolutely any chance at the national title.​

Comment

• Bo lost his first 7 bowl games, you could argue the tie was the best case scenario. Didn't lose another bowl, get to claim you would win and can blame a conspiracy.

Comment

• Still stuck in 1973? Dark Side of the Moon was released that year. It's only Grammy nomination was for Alan Parsons as the engineer. He lost.

There were a lot of stupid calls made in 1973.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  It was only undisputed if you ignore the many bad calls against the Wolverines in the Holiday Bowl.
                  M was to blame for BYU 1984...well...actually it was the WWCAW...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I still think M would have fared well in a playoff in 1973. I think they would have had a decent chance of winning the whole thing.

I still don't see how that's illiterate bullshit.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Alabama has won 100% of all hypothetical games. Book it.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I know.

Comment

• He took some shots at Michigan on his way out, now Josh Gattis fired by Miami after one year.

Comment

• FoSGW9vXoAAjXP3?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Dang ... that's a sweet deal.

Comment

• Can I buy you a cheeseburger Liney?

If it's against forum rules I'll say I don't recall that....

Comment

Working...
                                X