No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, .. I'm sure that Fields just showed up on OSU's doorstep unnanounced, and said "Hey Urbs.. can I play ball for you dudes?" .. lol .. got it.

Chicago is still mealy-mouthing around about Fields at QB. Kind of like the Lions are with Goff. "Hey, the Lions may have gotten a STEAL with this kid from Tennessee" ...

I concede, that chances are about 98% that Fields will start for Da Bairsss. But that still gives Urbs 1 starting NFL QB from all the guys that he's coached.

But I guarantee most OSU fans would take him back in a half a heartbeat today, if he said he was available.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Again, Justin Fields declared for Ohio State -- announced his intention to transfer from Georgia -- after UFM announced his retirement. He came to play for CRD. He played two seasons for Ohio State. Both under CRD. And he has started TWENTY-FIVE games for the Bears.

So, again, your point was great if you look past the part where you entirely wrong about everything.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ok, .. ok .. Urbs had nothing to do with Fields to OSU...

Comment

• There ya go. AND...AND...he's been starting and will start for the Bears...so....

Comment

• Look, I'm fine with Fields starting for Da Bairss. Knock themselves out. Most of the rest of the team sucks, so they're wasting his talent anyway. They're like the Lions, who refused to build a strong team around Barry Sanders.

My gripe is with Urbs being considered as some sort of QB guru, who sends QB after QB to the league, where they have their way with the rest of the league. It just doesn't happen.

Comment

• He's never been considered a QB guru. In fact, quite the opposite. He knew how to win with QBs -- make them into players that could win on the CFB level, but not in the NFL.

His best two NFL QBs at OSU were Haskins and Burrow and he barely touched them. The shift from the JTB approach to the Haskins/Fields approach was all CRD. And sometimes when Ohio State can't convert a goddamn 3rd and 1, I miss that approach. But, by and large, it's bygone.

Comment

• Saw this a few minutes ago

Screenshot 2023-05-22 10.47.54 PM.png

This guy deserves a beer for this response. That is some first class sass. Ha!

Screenshot 2023-05-22 10.47.23 PM.png
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A refresher of the conference changes for this coming season. Big changes to the American and CUSA

BIG12
                  Adding: Cincinnati, BYU, Houston, Central Florida

AMERICAN
                  Adding: Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Rice, UAB, UTSA
                  Losing: Cincinnati, Houston, Central Florida

CONFERENCE USA
                  Adding: Jacksonville State, Liberty, New Mexico State, Sam Houston State
                  Losing: Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Rice, UAB, UTSA

INDEPENDENTS
                  Losing: BYU, Liberty, New Mexico State

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Saw this a few minutes ago

Screenshot 2023-05-22 10.47.54 PM.png

This guy deserves a beer for this response. That is some first class sass. Ha!

Screenshot 2023-05-22 10.47.23 PM.png
                    Better yet, make Clemson and FSU come to Minneapolis or Ann Arbor in November. For a night game.

Comment

• Not sure where to put this but Notre Dame wins the lacrosse title, first in school history.

Comment

• Shit like that should be posted in the soccer thread.

Comment

• SDSU to Pac12/8/10 possibly?

Comment

• And you guys probably thought Brady Hoke would never get another P5 job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              And you guys probably thought Brady Hoke would never get another P5 job.
                              I had my doubts, but he's done well at SDSU. Looks like he may be back in the P5 without really trying.

Comment

• Sounds like SDSU really screwed themselves over

Comment

Working...
                                X