No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody controlled the series from 1951-68 (12-6)
    The series was even from 1969-1987 (9-9-1)
    Cooper was god-awful from 1988-2000 (2-10-1)
    And Tressel and UFM: 2001-2015 (13-2)

So, roughly 33 years of OSU supremacy; 13 years of M supremacy and 19 years of even. And those aren't really arbitrary breakouts, either -- Woody starts; Bo starts; Coop starts; Tressel starts.

In any event, recency always carries more weight, so it's tough to get away from 13-2 and no wins in Columbus since 2000.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• M sucked in the '60 and was in mediocrity (or worse) for most of the past decade ('05 - '14), otherwise, the rivalry heavily favors the Wolverines.

Comment

• I started watching UM football as a kid in 1985. From then until Tressel was hired, Michigan was 12-3-1 against OSU. My die was cast during a wonderful time. When men were men and they said things like "We're gonna win in Columbus and go to Pasadena, I guarantee it". And then they went out and did it.

Comment

• M sucked in the '60 and was in mediocrity (or worse) for most of the past decade ('05 - '14), otherwise, the rivalry heavily favors the Wolverines.
          Sure. I mean, if that's the approach then maybe mention M's 13-0-2 start to the series in games played before The Great War.

Ohio State leads the conference series 48-46-4. If you cut out all the years Ohio State won, then M dominates 46-0-4.

Comment

• I started watching UM football as a kid in 1985. From then until Tressel was hired, Michigan was 12-3-1 against OSU. My die was cast during a wonderful time. When men were men and they said things like "We're gonna win in Columbus and go to Pasadena, I guarantee it". And then they went out and did it.
            1979 for me. Todd Bell, YAY! Charles White, BOO! My undergrad and grad were fully within the Cooper Era. I was the M game in 1996. I was at the MSU game in 1998. I earned the good fortune that has finally come my way and like to think I'm still due more.

I guess OSU is now 20-16-1 in the games I watched and remember. In the games games I attended they're 9-2-1 after a rocky 2-2-1 start.

Comment

• I started 2-0 in games attended, 1993 and 1997. Now I'm blackout drunk by halftime so I don't know the overall record. I'm 2 and something...
              Last edited by Mike; June 29, 2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Well, I may have to follow your "blackout drunk" approach to deal with my impending dip to 9-3-1. They started beer sales at Ohio Stadium just in the nick of time! It may be a bit pricey, but nothing that can be overcome with a roll of Lincolns and willingness to blind myself to HARBAUGH!!!!'s conquest!

Comment

• Yeah, you gotta have a plan.

Comment

• IOWA CITY — Negotiated financial deals among the Big Ten Conference’s three newest additions have the schools earning vastly different …

Big Ten's newest members earn different paychecks
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Crazy, Maryland is in the B1G!

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        Crazy, Maryland is in the B1G!
                        I still don?t understand the logic of leveraging cable carriage-fees against a decrepit, collapsing AD department with no fanbase. Maryland was getting a lot more money from the ACC than several well-run ADs in the Big 12 were getting from their conference, and they were still bankrupt. Then on top of it, we have to subsidize their exit fees to get them in.

I guess I should have faith in Delaney?s vision, but IMO the future of the cable-sub model is in serious doubt. If it collapses, Maryland will be a liability.

Comment

• agree... You will want loyal fanbases in the future.

Comment

• Next question: is the BIG going to require the installation of gender-neutral bathrooms to accommodate the Iowa fans?

Discuss.

Comment

• Green arrested on assault charges in East Lansing

Comment

• Did he punch somebody in the nuts?

Comment

Working...
                                X