Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    This is gonna sound terrible.... but there will be a certain comedic value to watching Don Brown's defense play against what I imagine is a walk-on quality QB. I am certainly not gloating because the same thing can happen to us. BUT, it's possible that seeing this will keep our guys focused. I mean, Wisconsin went from Big Ten West favorite to.... not being that because their QBs hung out with the wrong person. This makes me wonder how teams conduct position group meetings, etc. I'd have those guys spread out all over the indoor practice fields. No actual meeting rooms. Beating Covid is as important as beating your opponents on Saturdays. Maybe this pandemic season will favor smart people, which we fancy ourselves as!
    Don Brown M defenses have been overly elite towards bad/ mediocre QBs.
    AND
    Don Brown defenses have been very bad against good QBs.

M defense vs Wisconsin will be a repeat of 2016 (the Jourdan Lewis INT game) if Wisconsin is on their 4th string QB.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Whiskey may have the ability to Tresselball us. I wouldn't guarantee a victory in that one even if their 4th string QB plays.

Comment

• If they’re playing with their 4th string QB, they probably won’t score on offense. It will be someone significantly worse than John O’Korn.

Comment

• They can still run it. We somehow put 20 points on OSU with O'Korn. Paul Chryst is a helluva coach.

Comment

• If I recall, the 21d bull shit probably arose in smoke filled rooms of the BT back offices to mollify the dilbert that told Warren to say that there's a huge risk of Myocarditis, especially in athletes, who become infected with SARS-CoV-2 and that's why we're not playing football in the BT in 2020. Well, the idiot MD that made a big deal of this was told to sit down and STFU because the risk is actually remote if you'll read the fucking literature. Have to thank Nebraska and for calling bull-shit on that guy and fun to watch the BIG back-track it's way out of that stupid call. when they couldn't back it up with, well, DATA.

Pretty sure this is the basis of this unnecessary rule that a player has to sit out 21d if he tests positive for COVID.

I don't know if Harbaugh has been lucky or not to have had ZERO positives since they were allowed to practice. Frankly, I don't think that happens by chance. You do smart things in the circumstance where an easily spreading virus is around, you survive and move on. I also don't think that smart BT teams doing the right things to avoid players from getting infected are going to be rewarded for that. Nope ...... there will be more Wisconsins and Warren will pull the plug on the rest of the season just like most of us predicted he would.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The 5% positivity protocol is also awful.

I hate this fucking conference.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• EFZ
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think the 21 days thing is excessive but not as big a deal as that 5% figure...that's really setting teams up to fail if there's even a minor outbreak.

Comment

• Right. And the B10 has declared that you need to play 6 games to be eligible for CCG. Since there are only 8 games that means a 5% outbreak eliminates a team from CCG contention.

The whole thing was a set up. We called it out n the spot. Fuck those motherfuckers.

The other leagues will finish their seasons, though.

Comment

• It should probably be closer to 20% and only count the players and maybe, MAYBE coaches. Does the 5% include literally everyone associated with the football program?

Comment

• If you have enough players that pass tests on Thurs, Fri and Sat you should have the option of playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          It should probably be closer to 20% and only count the players and maybe, MAYBE coaches. Does the 5% include literally everyone associated with the football program?
                          It’s 5% of players and 7.5% of players plus related staff. So basically 5 players and 2-3 coaches/staff disqualifies you from playing. What isn’t clear to me is if that is cumulative. For example, if Wisconsin has the 2 QBs in quarantine and 2 weeks from now they add 3 more cases, does that trigger the 5%?

Comment

• I’m assuming if they can cancel a game they will. That’s going to be their MO.

Comment

• They want no part of FROST!!!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I thought the Big Ten finally settled on an agreement where you have to have 55 of your 85 scholarship players available in order to play?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X