No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like a fairly appropriate thread for this.

The women's softball team opened its regular season today in Florida by sweeping Purdue by twin 4-0 scores.

I only mention this because this is the first time since 2019 that the team has been allowed to play. Last year they had just begun winter workouts when their season was cancelled.

This year, the Big Ten is doing some sort of "bubble" thing where all the teams are playing on the same fields against a Big Ten schedule. The first half of the schedule will be played in Florida, and the remaining schedule will be played back on the home fields.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• MSU's Foster Loyer (Jr - G) entered the transfer portal today. He is the 4th Spartan basketball player to enter the portal since the end of the season. He spent most of the season on the injured list, but was a starter at the beginning of the season. Josh Langford announced yesterday that he is retiring from basketball completely, and will not pursue an NBA career.

Comment

• Foster Lawyer is a midget who should be playing at Mott Community College.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Foster Lawyer is a midget who should be playing at Mott Community College.
          I dunno, Mike. I think Mott has won a NC more recently than MSU. They might be too good for him.

Comment

• And ... to nobody's surprise, Emoni Bates will not be going to MSU to play basketball.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...nt/4896388001/

To be fair, he's likely going straight to the NBA, but State won't be getting him either. Since the end of basketball season MSU Basketball has had six (6) players enter the transfer portal, and now Bates has decommitted.

(MSU Football has lost 26 players to the portal in the same time frame)

But, I'm sure everything is fine in East Landfill.

Comment

• The Wolverines had eight players to the NFL. For the first time in 80 years no Spartan was drafted.

E0WQqPGXoAYcvWx?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
              Last edited by WingsFan; May 2, 2021, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Telling isn’t it?

Comment

• Yeppers.

Looks to me like one team was not playing up to its potential.

And the HC was retained.

Comment

• In B10 recruiting, Ohio State currently has verbals from 4 5* kids 9 4* kids and 10 top 200 kids. The rest of the B10 combined has 1, 23 and 10....respectively. Nebraksa is stting at 0, 0 and 0 respectively.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Learn to spell and get back to us...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No and Yes. And Fuck the Fuck off.

Comment

• No and no.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think it’d be an interesting exercise to put together a non-OSU B10 team and see how’d they’d compare to OSU.

Comment

• Would be interesting if you would STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This year's helmet schedule

As you can see, the league gets off to a hot start with the Battle for 5th place in the West. Every week is a WAR, baby!!! Woooo

Comment

Working...
                                X