No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They choked but I can't say they deserved to win. It was a miracle they were up as much as they were.

Comment

• 6-3 in B10 bowls and 2-2-1 in specials. There were only 4 close plays and I was 0-3-1 in those -- so, with a little more luck I could have finished a little better.

49-58-1 in the B10 and 32-15-2 on Specials. 81-73-3 overall. If you were betting $100 each on my picks you would have won $70 on 157 plays and $17,270 wagered for a tidy little return on investment of 0.4%. WoooOoOot!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• !!!

Well that was unexpected. Fare thee well, Dantonio

EDIT: Uh-oh

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 4, 2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Sad news!!! Fuck - I wanted to see him lose 5 more games to Michigan, but Froot Loops and Mass Spartan's Rape enabling hero stuck around to get his 4 million+ on Jan 16 (I told you all). Multiple NCAA violations coming to Cover UP U ! (what a shock) the Lying CHEATING Dirt bag . Dude can rot in hell.

Comment

• Sounds like it might just be the tip of the iceberg, and MSU could be headed for NCAA probation again. We'll see if all that has feet or not.

I didn't like Dantonio's coaching style. He and Narduzzi built a program based on borderline rules adherence on game day, and thuggish behavior off the field. They took pride in guys like Jerel Worthy, who attempted to break Denard Robinson's neck during a game, and said "the game is played with unnecessary roughness".

I give him credit for developing talent that other teams failed to notice or passed on. He had a knack for finding kids like that, although that strategy seemed to fail him over the last 2-3 years. Michigan has out-recruited him in all of the Harbaugh years, and its now showing on the field.

I think when the story is finally told, this will turn out to be a "retire, or get fired" scenario.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dantonio was clearly DONE midway through last season. There's nothing surprising other than the inopportune timing..

But hey the Giants let Pat Shurmur go.. there you have it.

Comment

• Fickel to EL!

They have us surrounded now.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He quit b/c court didn't go well for him, and that he may have committed perjury. I hope he's goes to jail.

Lawsuit alleges Mark Dantonio, Michigan State may have committed NCAA recruiting violations

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2020/...DBD-MxGb3K0peU

Comment

• Yep, this is a Pete Carroll, get out of Dodge like escape if there ever was one. The Problem for MD, though, is that it appears he's run afoul of the law and that's not at all like getting in trouble with the NCAA ...... not even close.

TBF, I'm not going to judge him or wish him ill until I know more of the facts about his legal standing it's just a lot of speculation and innuendo. Frankly, I don't care about the NCAA shit. I detest the NCAA and most of what it stands for.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• When people say thuggish, they really want to say another word.

Comment

• Not much of a defense when your attacking Liney personally, but that's your Modus Operandi

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            When people say thuggish, they really want to say another word.
                            Maybe I should have substituted the word "criminal" for "thuggish"?

Come to think of it, "criminal" is a more apt description of their behavior.

Thanks for the correction.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I always liked Mike Dantonio. I wish him well.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Narduzzi is only 53??? For some reason I thought he was basically Dantonio's age. Would have to think he's a candidate, even if he hasn't been terrific at Pitt

Comment

Working...
                                X