No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The B10 releases football schedules this morning -- in mere minutes. Will OSU-M open the season?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• OSU-M -- October 24th.

Comment

• First home game is Rutgers. Great. Will they be able to field a team by Sept 10?

Comment

• They haven't fielded a team of note since 2014 when the bested mighty Hoke. I can't imagine there'd be any discernible difference between their team and 35 cafeteria works donning the oh so proud Rutgers "R".

Comment

• Now would be a good time to just end the Rutgers Gimmick.

Comment

• EeqILAyUwAEKOcu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Comment

• Let's keep Sparty, though. Beating them on a regular basis is a nice thing to get back to.

Comment

• Report: Big Ten cancels 2020 season amid COVID-19 fears

The Big Ten won't be playing football in 2020.The conference's presidents have voted to cancel the fall football season due to concerns about playing amid the COVID-19 pandemic, sources told Orion Sang, David Jesse, Chris Solari, and Chris Thomas of the Detroit Free Press.While a formal announcement is reportedly coming Tuesday, a spokesman told Yahoo Sports' Pete Thamel that a vote has yet to take place. Just got a text from a Big Ten spokesman. "No vote has been held by our presidents and chancellors." Hence, the Big Ten watch continues.— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) August 10, 2020 The reported decision makes the Big Ten the first Power 5 conference to opt against staging a campaign. It's reportedly attempting to coordinate its announcement with the other major conferences.Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren apparently prefers to hold a spring football season, but a final decision has not been made.The reported vote to cancel the season follows a late push by players to salvage the campaign. Star quarterbacks Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields led a social media campaign late Sunday that saw student-athletes call for the formation of a players' union and the implementation of other return-to-play protocols.The Mid-American Conference became the first FBS conference to postpone its fall athletics season Saturday.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...te/3332277001/
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I'm only about 50% surprised.

I really thought they'd start the season and go from there.

Oh well ... on the bright side, no loss to OSU this year.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• YOU shaddup ...

.... and send me an order of wings ... post haste ...

Comment

• No
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• darn ..

Comment

• Desmond Howard thinks Nebraska should have their asses kicked out of the BigTen for “whining”.

The Nebraska Cornhuskers are apparently looking for a way to play college football in the fall of 2020 and one Heisman Trophy winner is ready to show them the door and get them out of the Big Ten.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X