Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think recruiting took a gut punch. Sometimes it happens that kids decide based on what happened in a game, but most of the time they don't seem to b.

Comment

• I remember thinking that Harbaugh would be able to recruit elite quarterbacks. Need better than Cade McNamara.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I didn't think it was a good year for QBs. Two of those I wanted ended up at our in division rivals and not many others showed interest. Coaching staff liked McNamara enough, I'm not that high on him and am hoping they land a good one in '20s...

McCaffrey looks really good to me and Milton is right behind him.
        Last edited by WM Wolverine; November 29, 2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• When do we find out about Zach Harrison? Does he want to enroll early? Is it just going to come down to the highest bidder? I get more nervous as time goes by because It gives osu more time to sweeten their offer. I imagine they asked for more time when he visited them last Wednesday.

Comment

• Harrison Bailey picking a shitass SEC East program over the QB Whisperer is a real stunner to me.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn't know M was seriously in on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                What about Urban Meyer retirement rumors? Can we get those going in earnest?
                Not a rumor anymore.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I didn't know M was seriously in on him.
                  It seemed like M was the presumptive favorite/landing spot for awhile. At least from what I read. I was already comparing him to Jack Miller in terms of 2020 QBs.

Tennessee is just weird. It's sort of out of its league. Fulmer did a great job of building them into a legitimate national power, but pretty much since they were motorboated by LSU in the 2001 SEC CG on their way to play for the national title, well, they've been not good. Giant stadium, some decent history and nothing over the past 15 years. And I guess they're still able to land some pretty good kids.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Tennessee still has a relatively new coach who can make grandiose promises ala Brady Hoke in his first couple of classes. It's not shocking to me that he can pull in some big guys. We'll see if he's still doing it in two years.

Comment

• Well, I'm not really calling into question Knoxville. But there are a lot of good destinations depending on what you like -- Boston, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Diego, etc.

It's more to do with Pruitt, I guess, but they've been punching above their weight on the recruiting trail for awhile.

Comment

• According to Sam Webb:

Bailey Harrison was all Michigan at one point. In fact there was talk of him coming up to commit after the Penn State game, but he became increasingly concerned that Pep Hamilton - PEP HAMILTON!!! - would not be around much longer. He is a big fan of Pep, and Pep apparently has an expressed desire to be a head coach. Another factor was the fact that there was more room at quarterback on the Tennessee roster.

Another 2020 QB recruit that Michigan is recruiting is Jay Butterfield - whose dad played for Stanford, but the Cardinal have not offered him - yet...
                          Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 30, 2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Oh, I recall reading that about a recruit a few weeks ago. Must have been him.

I wonder what JH would do to replace Pep. Would be nice if it forces a rethink.

Comment

• I hope that Butterfield kid is better than Tyrone.

Comment

• Pep Hamilton is a finalist to replace Durkin at Maryland. He sure hasn't been worth the money he's made at Michigan.

"The 44-year-old Hamilton is one of Michigan's highest-paid assistant coaches, receiving a four-year agreement worth a minimum of $4.25 million from the school prior to the start of the 2017 season. His base salary has been $1 million for the last two seasons. He's scheduled to make $1 million again in 2019 and $1.25 million in 2020.

Hamilton was set to receive a $425,000 retention bonus for staying with Michigan through April of 2018. If he's at Michigan through April of 2019, his original deal will call for another retention bonus of $250,000."

Comment

Working...
                                X