This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    I'd guess Aubrey Solomon got processed. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.
    Right. To get to the top level, you have to be tough. From my long distance perspective, Aubrey Solomon was not performing up to expectations. Nothing wrong with that, but as a coach you've got to play the best athletes. If that results in a 5* transferring, that is the price you have to pay to be an elite program.

Comment

• Harbaugh will find a way to process you out if you don't understand the culture he has created - an extension of Schembechler's
      LMMFAO. HARBAUGH!!!! will process you out if you're not a good enough player.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Just some quick observations about Michigan's recruiting this year, then I'll back out again.

I was glad to see that 62-39 didn't have the effect I thought it might have. A utterly poor performance like that would scare a lot of people away, but its good to see these kids express their optimism in Coach Harbaugh and the Michigan football program, by signing their LOI's.

As good as the haul was, it could get even better, I believe Michigan still has 5-6 spots remaining for recruits that may wait until February to sign. That number could increase with more early departures or transfers. There is still a lot of talent out there and Michigan is in on a lot of them.

I was also glad that Cris Carter proved to be an abject failure in his efforts to undermine Michigan's recruiting, with his deliberate lies and deceit about Coach Harbaugh. Kudos to Coach Harbaugh for putting Carter in his place with his full reaffirmation and commitment to Michigan football. Of course, bozos like Carter will still prattle on about Harbaugh "leaving for the NFL" every time a significant opening occurs in the NFL, but it is what it is. Carter comes from a program whose entire foundation is built on lies and corruption, so it did my heart good to see him fail so miserably.

I expect Daxton Hill to compete immediately at Safety, and with his speed, I wouldn't be surprised to see him returning punts or maybe even kickoffs.

Charbineau will very likely see significant playing time as well, especially with the departure of Samuels.

As with any recruiting class, you need to include guys in the trenches, and Harbaugh did well on both sides of the line. He's got 6 OL commits, and at least 3 on the DL that will provide depth to what they already have. The game is won and lost in the trenches, and the replenishment numbers there are good.

With the likelihood that DPJ will leave at the end of '19, the addition of 3 WR's, all at the 4 star level, is important. They need to keep that succession going.

Good to see Cade McNamara send his LOI. He could have been scared off by the McCaffery/Milton combination in front of him, but apparently he's ready to compete. He could be a sleeper in this class. Top player in Nevada (everybody has to be from somewhere) and good stats.

Top class in the Big Ten for the first time in over a decade, .. and if you believe ESPN, its #4 in the country. Whatever the rankings are, its a good haul, considering how the season ended.

I've probably said too much. I'll close the door behind me.

Laters.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Fitting in to that culture is a part of being a good enough player, and we know Harbaugh's program isn't unique in that way.

Comment

• It's pretty hard to say that every, or even a majority, of kids that HARBAUGH!!! processes -- and he processes a lot -- just aren't cultural fits. If that's the case, then he does a pretty fucking shitty job of vetting cultural fits. But, I've been told that cultural fit is a big hinderance to recruiting. The reality is that HARBAUGH!!! rolls the dice on a ton of 3* kids and always is bringing in bigger classes (except last year). That's pretty much a direct formula for processing kids due to ability.

But, as I said, M fans are good at make believe and, in particular, excusing losing with M "exceptionalism."

Comment

• Solomon was injured and dropped on the depth chart. He wasn't getting playing time. He quit. No way he got processed. M is too thin at DT to be throwing away sophomore 5 stars.
              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 20, 2018, 08:10 AM.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Solomon was injured and dropped on the depth chart. He wasn't getting playing time. He quit. No way he got processed. M is too thin at DT to be throwing away sophomore 5 stars.
                Those who quit and transfer at least have a chance of being champions?

Comment

• "Not getting the culture" isn't going to be the primary reason for processing every time, no. Certainly kids get processed sometimes when they get the culture but simply aren't good enough to contribute. If your concern is that some Michigan fans don't get that, or at least less than a critical mass of them, well, you may have good cause for that.

Certainly is a very troubling development. I see you're working very hard to do your part to make sure that more Michigan fans gain clarity on this, and, for this, humanity thanks you. I fear you're on track to poach one of Dax Hill's future Nobel Prizes.

Comment

• Alrighty then. Always a pleasure. Enjoy the bubble and all that whistling past the graveyard.

Comment

• Well I certainly agree that exceptionalism comes with consequences. What do you think is the right level of concern we all should have about the proportion of Michigan fans with a mistaken sense of exceptionalism about this particular aspect of roster management?

Comment

• Well I certainly agree that exceptionalism comes with consequences. What do you think is the right level of concern we all should have about the proportion of Michigan fans with a mistaken sense of exceptionalism about this particular aspect of roster management?
                        Ah, you won't trick me. I'm not going to dare try to push back again against the bubble and set myself up to get roasted. No sir!

Comment

• Not everyone is brave enough to touch the Third Rail of Michigan Football.

Comment

• There's brave and death wish brave.

Comment

• Well I'm glad you're on that aspect of it in your own particular way. I'll focus on any potential contagions from the moral hazards that come from actually not cheating. Together we will make a difference.

Comment

• I'd rather not. I work alone and I'd prefer to create indifference.

Comment

Working...
                                X