Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M didn't even recruit a TE from '09 - '11, they are in desperate need of them if they want to play 2 TE sets, which Hoke likes to do. M's only TE's that aren't true freshman are two players who converted to that position:

*Ricardo Miller WR -> TE
    *Jordan Paskorz DE -> TE

They wanted 3 TE's in '11 but let the best one, Pharoh Brown, go to Oregon after he wanted to take a visit there. Don't be surprised if they take another TE if its one they really like...

Jaron Dukes is a 'tall' receiver but not a tight end in build.

Comment

• Really like Vanderdoes, not sure if he's going to leave the west coast. We'll see how serious he is about M but it might be awhile before he takes visits (officials would have to be in the fall) to Ann Arbor. Like Cravens, Fuller, Levenberry; these are guys who probably won't commit anywhere till very late in the process...

Poggi I know less of and seen less film of, highly rated early but we'll have to see whether if the experts keep his ranking so high after camps. IMO Vanderdoes is every bit the recruit the higher rated Poggi is.

Comment

• nice summary of OL depth projections for future years 2013 and beyond.

We will start to see the effects of RRod's poor O-line recruiting in 2012 and 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          OSU's LB recruiting, as of now, is focused on 2 in-state guys (Gedeon and Courtney Love) and two out-of-state guys (J. Smith and Alex Anzalone).
          One Courtney Love played for Hole.

The other will play for A-Hole.

Comment

• As long as he's at least a 3-time national champion A-Hole, fine by me!

Coaches are saying only 2 LB's in this class
            Yeah, this is what I've read froma couple M posters. And that would explain McCray's rush to commit because I assume one of the spots is being held for Levenberry. So, it was first come, first served with McCray/Gedeon. Personally, I don't quite buy that. I think if Gedeon wants in (and there's a solid chance he does) M will take him and then take Levenberry if they can get him.

That said, you guys know in-state stuff better than I, so if there are really good LBs in the class of 2014, then they should focus other places -- as discussed.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maybe they are recruiting Levenberry as a WDE?

Comment

• Levenberry is a guy you make room for. Saban could find a scholarship for a guy like that.

Comment

• What specifically was different about M and Sparty admission standards that allows Burbridge to qualify at MSU but not at M?

I wish we didn't have to turn him away.

Comment

• What specifically was different about M and Sparty admission standards that allows Burbridge to qualify at MSU but not at M?
                    At U-M you're not allowed to substitute the ability to milk a cow, for the ability to read.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd have to look it up but I can pretty much guarantee you that MSU's GPA minimum, minimum ACT/SAT scores and core HS class requirements are very different with M having more demanding standards in these categories than MSU. I suspect you know this so, sorry for stating the obvious.

Your not going to know "specifically" why Burbridge or others can't qualify even though they may meet NCAA standards because of privacy rights.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't think that UM has different admissions standards for star athletes than anyone else in the Big Ten.

Comment

• well Jim Harbaugh seemed to think M had a pretty soft admission standards when it came to football players. I figured if Burbridge couldn't get into M, he couldn't get into any of the B1G schools, so I was a little surprised about Sparty.

I know we have different standards as to what we accept a course credit, etc ... hence why no JUCO's.

Comment

• I think that when Burbridge was being recruited, there was some question as to whether he could get into MSU. There might still be. With that said, I wish that we had taken a chance on him. We're already going into the fall with an unused scholarship anyways and we missed out on Jordan Payton.

Comment

• I think Hanni is right. Hoke didn't need to "risk" committing a spot to someone who may or may not get in. Dantonio sort of has to take those chances. Frankly, that's why MSU got Javon Ringer.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm sure Michigan takes in their share of borderline guys. Just listen to some of the players being interviewed.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X