Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing for the fences, dude. Students back on campus to start Winter semester. Fall sports canceled. Winter/Spring are played.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Swing for the fences, dude. Students back on campus to start Winter semester. Fall sports canceled. Winter/Spring are played.
      I think that's the more likely scenario at this point. Do you think they would try to play fall sports in the winter? Kickoff in late-Feb/early-March and run through May?

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

I think that's the more likely scenario at this point. Do you think they would try to play fall sports in the winter? Kickoff in late-Feb/early-March and run through May?
        Agree.

All its going to take is for one Covid case to show up on campus, and classes will get shut down all over again. Especially here in Michigan with Whitmer. I don't see how that can be avoided, with students and faculty coming in from all over the country, and possibly being allowed to come in from overseas as well.

The university presidents seem to be unified on the idea that if there are no on campus classes, there will be no sports. I still believe the earliest we will see college sports again will be spring 2021.
        Last edited by lineygoblue; May 29, 2020, 12:09 PM.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think that's the more likely scenario at this point. Do you think they would try to play fall sports in the winter? Kickoff in late-Feb/early-March and run through May?
          I think the NFL is absolutely happening. I'm at about 60% that CFB is happening in the fall. They won't do a later kickoff.

We'll also see how European soccer does in various countries. If that goes well then I'm up to 90% for CFB.

Comment

• Didn't OSU send out a bunch of season ticket info yesterday? And most of the other state schools have already said there'll be on-campus classes in the Fall.

Comment

• Yes and correct.

Comment

• Here in Michigan I have yet to see any of the university presidents saying that fall sports would be played without on-campus classes. Schlissel has already nixed that idea, as well as CMU and WMU's presidents. I haven't seen any quotes from MSU yet, but Whitmer is a MSU grad, and they won't take a breath without her permission.

Comment

• So, if the BigTen and the PAC-12 don’t play, but the SEC, ACC, and BigXII do, can I count on each of my BigTen brethren here to support Alabama?

Thanks in advance.

Your pal,
                  AA
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'll support everyone who plays Bama.

Comment

• Hurtful
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        So, if the BigTen and the PAC-12 don’t play, but the SEC, ACC, and BigXII do, can I count on each of my BigTen brethren here to support Alabama?

Thanks in advance.

Your pal,
                        AA
                        If you mean support by hoping the ground will swallow them up and then seal itself shut. Sure count me in.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I will count that as a solid "Roll Tide".

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            So, if the BigTen and the PAC-12 don’t play, but the SEC, ACC, and BigXII do, can I count on each of my BigTen brethren here to support Alabama?

Thanks in advance.

Your pal,
                            AA
                            I supported George Teague running down that guy from The U back in the day. Notsomuch since then but I like your effort! You get an ATTABOY.

Comment

• I can see a scenario where the SEC would still play, while other conferences do not. And I'm not being unkind when I say that. Those SEC folks love their football, and I believe the school presidents are going to do everything in their power to get their teams playing football. I don't think the presidents of the Big Ten and Pac 12 are as committed to that idea.

Comment

• Right now the ACC, SEC, and BigXII say they will have football.

Comment

Working...
                                X