Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Wolverine WR Oliver Martin has entered the transfer portal once again. He originally came to Michigan, sat out one red shirt year, then played one year before entering the portal for the first time. He went to Iowa and played one season, and then entered the transfer portal again. He will now transfer to Nebraska, where he will be a walk-on. Nebraska does not have any scholarships available for him yet.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• For anyone that is interested JJ McCarthy Michigan's QB recruit for 2021 is playing on ESPNU right now. He's playing for IMG Academy.

Comment

• I watched the IMG game last night on ESPN2 until about midway thru the 3rd quarter, but lost interest after that. IMG was destroying Venice, and I lose interest in blowouts fairly quickly. IMG won 49-13

JJ McCarthy threw for 333 yards and 5 touchdowns. From my limited knowledge, I think McCarthy looks like a excellent QB. He's not a franchise guy, but he can make the throws that are necessary. He has been coached well on his footwork, and he has a good quick release. He knows how to use his feet to extend a play, and he's not shy about taking off if a play breaks down. He probably wouldn't win a foot race with Denard Robinson, but he can run effectively if needed.

We'll see how he does when he lands in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!! had a pretty big weekend of recruiting -- getting a 2021 RB and 2022 Don Brown Massachusetts Special LB. Schlissel may want to shut down football, but HARBAUGH!!! is still full speed ahead!
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He didn't get any real notable commitment. One running back that will likely be in the BJ Askew mold, and a LB that will have trouble winning a starting job.

Nothing to see here. Neither would be allowed to even walk on in Columbus.

Comment

• I'm watching MHSAA Football on Fox Detroit where West Bloomfield (Donovan Edwards) is playing Clarkston (Rocco Spindler)

Bloomfield leads at the half 14-7, and it should be a lot more.

I want Donovan Edwards. In fact, I wouldn't mind having about 4-5 guys off that West Bloomfield team.

Comment

• Michigan got what seems to be a fairly significant commitment today from LB Branden Jennings, from Jacksonville FL. Jennings committed to Michigan after de-committing from Florida State. Miami and Clemson were the other two teams in his final 3.

Reading the 24/7 article, it sounds like this kid could fit well with Don Brown. He has a nasty attitude, good size and strength, and according to his HS coach, he could play for Michigan today. I know, .. hype is hype, and we've seen it all before.

Still, it sounds like its better to HAVE him, than not have him.

4 star, .. rated 87th in the country.

Maybe some of you guys who follow recruiting more closely can comment on him.

Comment

• Sounds like a good get!

Comment

• Reminds me of LeMarr Woodley, he turned out pretty well. See him pretty likely ending up as a defensive end, which is a need itself.

Comment

• I saw Woodley play in HS and he looked like a grown man playing in a JV game. He was big, and nobody could block him.

If Jennings turns out to be another Woodley, that would be fine with me. We could use a lot of those.

Comment

• Rayshuan Benny chooses MSU.

We've gotta get back into Ohio and start cleaning up our backyard again.

Comment

• TBH, I personally don't give a shit anymore. More than a decade of mismanagement of the football program at the AD level and coaching malfeasance in the football program, M football has no signs that it is going to recover in my life time. I've got better things to do with my time and not a lot of that left to do it.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Same here.

Comment

• Good on you guys. I have to say. the Covid-canceled portion of this fall was about as relaxed a Septemebr and October as I can remember. It was entirely pleasant. It was nice not planning the day's activities around kickoff times. And it was nice not watching Ohio State "play" defense.

Anyway, if I had to guess I'd say Rayshun Benny is the first kick in the in-state nads and Donovan Edwards will be the big one. I've seen enough recruiting battles to get a decent sense of things. This one does not feel like DPJ where he's just waiting to wait. This one feels like he's waiting to find a better option, ANY option.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Michigan reeling in crystal balls for some blue chippers, not sure why other then the immediate playing time.

Comment

Working...
                                X