Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think a new HC solves the problems either. Ditching Harbaugh could be a feelgood moment for some, but as you stated, the problems facing the FB program now are deeply seated in mediocre play and coaching for the last two decades. It now appears that Lloyd Carr was the last M coach that actually gave a crap about the program. Harbaugh is out on some fog-headed daze where football success seems to be an afterthought. He's conceded the Big Ten to OSU, and didn't put up much of a fight last year, even though all teams were having Covid issues.

For a HC to make a difference now would mean that Michigan would have to roll the dice perfectly, to find that one guy who can make the difference by being an excellent recruiter AND game day coach. I don't think there's a lot of those guys out there, and if they're there, they're not easy to find.

One thing is sure, that as long as we have the Manuel/Harbaugh combo in place, the program is going nowhere. Neither seems to have the knowledge or the guts to get the program where it once was. I'll still watch some games this year, because I'm still a fan. I won't be going to AA to see them, but I'll be watching at home, with the remote in my hand, ready to turn to something else when the ineptness rears its ugly head.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Recruits aren’t stupid. They know HARBAUGH!!!! is likely gone soon. It’s hard to recruit past that.

The kid from Idaho is solid. Unfortunately, a good TE doesn’t really move the needle.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• a good TE doesn’t really move the needle.
        Are you kidding? Having TE's that were more like large WRs and ran out of 3 TE sets was and, I believe, will continue to be a Harbaugh staple. One of the writers at mgo wrote numerous articles on how this was going to make M's offense unstoppable. Right. Everyone knew what was up when M lined up like that.

Pummeled...... either the TE or the QB depending on who fucked up the blocking assignments. But that didn't stop JH from doing it..... over and over, punt, rinse and repeat.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• M's current class is almost indistinguishable from.....Rutgers. TBF, it's slightly better. And, also TBF, that reflects way more on what Schiano is doing. But, each class has 14 commits and the scoring, both in terms of average recruit and overall score, is close. The difference is that Will Johnson lives in M.

At the same time, M's current class is way more 2018 than any other class HARBAUGH!!!! has recruited.

Comment

• I may have asked this before but what has Schiano been doing? Recruiting nationally or building back relationships in Jersey and the Mid-Atlantic that he had a decade ago? And I wonder if some is the luster wearing off of Franklin. From the perspective of a Jersey kid I could see it being better to be a star at Rutgers than a second-stringer at Penn State if PSU is just going to finish 2nd or 3rd every year.

Comment

• Mostly regional. Schiano still has a very good reptuation/strong ties in his region. He's also nabbed a fairly highly regarded QB from KY.

Penn State is recruiting pretty well this year. They're set to add a couple really good RBs.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Still lots of talk on 24/7 about Michigan's "excellence" in recruiting for 2022. Lots of breathless yammering about how well the class is shaping up, and how many people have Michigan "in their top five". Of course none of that nonsense means anything until a name is signed on an LOI, and the player is properly coached upon arrival.

Michigan is not totally lacking in talent. I'd argue that M certainly has the talent to upset OSU at least once every 4 years. Every player that plays for M should beat OSU at least once in their careers. I don't think that's asking too much. But we can't even get to that level, and there's no indication that its coming any time soon. And the people on State Street don't care.

So this is how Purdue and Iowa fans feel.

Comment

• I mean, Purdue is 4-5 vs Ohio State since 2004 (M 1-15 vs OSU in that same time period). Of course M should have a shot every once in a while based on the recruiting talent.
                    The talent level is decent enough to pull out a random win. All of the former M recruits that have been drafted. You even see transfer guys like Ben St. Juste and James Hudson go relatively high in the NFL Draft.

Asking a lot here, but need to:
                    - Find an excellent/ better QB. If Speight was healthy or M had a better QB in 2016, M would have won THE game. When's the last time M had a legit passing QB? JJ McCarthy better be it. McNamara = solid. I'm not buying the Bowman koolaid.
                    - Take the Ohio State game more seriously. Sounds like M is finally doing this under Harbaugh.
                    - Don't do stupid things with your scheme. Such as the trouble with stopping crossing routes vs OSU a few years ago.
                    - Find stability with the roster and coaching staff. All of the fluidity recently is a troubling sign. Coaches and players leaving. Yeah Alabama can get away with it, but they are Alabama.
                    - Boosters pay the players given the new rules
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yes, but HARBAUGH!!!!

Comment

• Michigan got a commitment from an Alabama reject yesterday. A linebacker named Deuce Spurlock from Alabama. He supposedly turned down Auburn to commit to Michigan.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Michigan picked up a DL commitment tonight for the 2023 class. Joel Starlings is a 6'5" 315 DL from Richmond VA. Starlings was in AA yesterday for the game.

24/7 has him ranked as the 197th player in the country and a 4 star.

Comment

• But can he type?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I dunno. But, if he has cute legs it won't matter.

On another front, (I love spreading rumors) there are rumblings in Ann Arbor that Ronnie Bell will announce that he's returning to Michigan next year.

yow .... I hope that one is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X